Power Steering Conversion

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

andysimpson
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by andysimpson »

mickB wrote:the saxo vtr/vts only had electric pumps and the saxo/106 boys bid on them to so they go for anything from 80-200 quid on ebay.........we [gsf] don't do them and they seem scarce among the citreon repairers

Its because its one of the first thngs to get destroyed in a front crash. There is also 2 types one with seperate tank and one with it built in. I think i paid 50 for mine from scrappys.

andysimpson
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by andysimpson »

Dubstar wrote:You still need the t3 power rack but instead of mechanical pump and long hydraulic hoses there is an electric pump mounted near the rack with a short hydraulic hose.

Ah, that's how you do it. I thought with it being electric it was some sort of electric motor stuck to the steering column that helped it, not just a replacement for the engine mounted pump. Still, it seems easier than trying to get the pump,fluid housing etc. and everything else on the engine then the long pipes to the front too. Might have to start pricing it up soon. When I've done all the other, er, little jobs on it that is-gas, respray, intermittant wipers, relay on the headlights etc. :D[/quote]

Some car makers do them like that fiat/renault/vauxhall and other nasty cars, it totally destroys any steering feel.