lowering, your stories wanted!

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bradcab
80-90 Mem No: 0

lowering, your stories wanted!

Post by bradcab »

ordering a set of Jamex of Mr Baxter 40-45mm lowering shox and spring set to drop the crew cab as it has a nose high stance. Just wanna hear you stories realy....
How long did it take to do front and rear?
What have you used?
What didn't you do that you wished you had or what did you miss?
Has any one not cut the bump stops down and had a harsh ride?
How much did you cut off?

that sort of stuff.

Any comments welcomed.

Cheers Wedgers!
WHO'S THE MORE FOOLISH? THE FOOL OR THE FOOL THAT FOLLOWS HIM?

Fritz
80-90 Mem No: 380

Lowering stories

Post by Fritz »

On our first Camper I fitted JK 60mm lowering springs,,,,rears can be done while queing for a McDonalds in the dive through,,,,,,,But the fronts can be a bit of a test of patients if you come across a siezed bolt or 2.
I ended up shagging about coz the shocker bolt was siezed on the O/S/F But should not be an issue if you are fitting new shocks to suit.

And to try and compensate for the loss of ride comfort (due to shorter springs) I used 15 inch rims with 60 series tyres and the ride was still total shyte, infact I'd say I had to drive it like I was permenantly pi$$ed, avoiding cats eyes, grids etc,etc.
I have to this day loose fillings to remind me of the past experience.

But it did look cool,,,,,,,, :shock:

Regards

Fritz,,,,,,,,,,
PS, bump stops were long gone,,,,,,,,,,
One day you will find me,,
Driving in my Camper,
With a Surf and Paisley wrap on both sides....

sherlock
80-90 Mem No: 3096

Post by sherlock »

I fitted a Jemak 45mm kit on mine and it was a bit of a nightmare really.
The back end was up in the air dragster style.
The only way I could get around this was to fit 60mm on the back and now it's on the level.

After it's done the best thing i noticed was that the drive was greatly improved, It drives more like a car now....no more swaying about when you hit the motorway or roundabouts.

Good luck. Sherlock.
Sherlock.
[IMG:75:100]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc91 ... 9117-2.gif[/img] Remember the 7 Ps......Prior Planning & Preperation Prevents Pi$$ Poor performance.

g60steve
Trader

Post by g60steve »

Jamex have now rectified the nose down stance of their lowering kits.They now sit level.

Here's some helpful info.
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/VehicleSpec ... ltwhls.htm

Beach Bum

Post by Beach Bum »

Hi,.I have a fully loaded hightop camper and had Simon fit a full set of poly bushes and lower the bus 40mm. Looks cool, handles alot better on corners, the down side is a very hard ride and I am having to fit bump stops because I have buckled the wheel arches where the bus has bottomed out. I am running 17" porsche rimms with low profile tyres.
Hope this helps
Steve
Always remember one thing my friend, this is the real thing. Life is not a dress rehearsal. So live life to the full with your BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!