Clutch Hydraulic System...

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

PS. what a t*a* of a job

There sure are a few t*a*s about in the 'T25 To Do List' of jobs, but rest assured, this weekend, your screams were not the only ones... just pickup your oldest not your best spanner and sling that first... there's at least 3 others who've had a screaming into outer space time of it :cry:
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

sendiw
80-90 Mem No: 435

Post by sendiw »

Hello Harry
Thanks for the words of wisdom. Hopefully I will see you at Pickering. Got to go now and try to get some more dirt from me fingernails.
Richie
Type25 2.0l a/c
Mem. No.435

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Ditto, dirtwise, and hellwise, but will be at Coney farm (hopefully), not Pickering, but say hello for me, I knew it years ago - from above - Hang Glided it if its the place I think it is..
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

sendiw
80-90 Mem No: 435

Post by sendiw »

Well done Clartsonly

251 721 477J is definately the right part replacement for the old metal/rubber clutch hydraulic pipe. I fitted it today.. no problem.
Give yourself a big pat-on-the-back.

A tip for seperating the flexihose from the front line pipe without damaging the front pipe. File an 11mm spanner to 11.5mm and use that with a little persuasion on the front pipe union, if you use a 12mm it will round off and you will probably have to replace the entire front pipe.
Dont turn that union just hold it and unscrew the flexihose from the union.
That done... if the union is seized on the pipe, use a blow lamp on it and allow it to cool. It should free off. It needs to be free to screw into your new replacement part.
Well it worked for me.
Richie
Type25 2.0l a/c
Mem. No.435