Central locking

General Technical Questions and Answers last answered over 1 year ago.
You may also want to visit the Wiki(pedia) for a more structured index of T25 repair, maintenance, technical and ownership topics

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Ok, heres where I'm at. The kit has so far been fitted to the front doors and works great. I'll post a diagram shortly although its a similar arrangement to that described in the Haynes Manual. I'm temprarily held up on the sliding door until I feed a power connector to the door - ie has power when shut.

The tailgate should be dooable - may look at that while I'm sourcing parts for the slider.

colouredFunk
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by colouredFunk »

I'm quited interested in this, what ever happened to posted up the pictures :roll:

Did you manage to do the tail gate?

Reckon something like this should do the job -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-REMOTE- ... dZViewItem

and use something like Covkid said for the sliding door (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SLIDING-VAN-CARGO ... dZViewItem )

ringo
80-90 Mem No: 1375

Post by ringo »

I did this about three years ago with the cheap ebay kit. I sorted out the sliding door connectors and it looked lovely - however, the actuator on the rear door works intermittently - it was so annoying that i disconnected it.

As discussed on this forum before, i reckon its because there isnt enough power sent the the rear actuators (cheap kit i suppose). I put the same kit on my landy and have the same problem.

I'm not arsed to do anything about it now as just having remote central locking on the front doors is great for 90% of the time.

Hope yours works better than mine - but you may want to just fit it to just the front doors if the sliding door mechanism is putting you off fitting it in the first place. Came in really handy in the alps this winter when the locks were frozen up!

Ringo
Now driving a big bad VW LT Florida.

colouredFunk
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by colouredFunk »

hmm I see, interesting stuff!

knowing my luck i'll only get one door working :shock:
Gotta give it ago though hey :D

dink

Post by dink »

any chance of posting up some pictures of the installs
some of us need a little inspiration to get started