80-90 Mem No: 7278

Re: Green laning day Salisbury Plains

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

looks like you all had fun. good to see the pics. 2nd best to being there. cheers lee.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

syncropatrick
80-90 Mem No: 5294

Post by syncropatrick »

Thank you Ady for suggesting the day, getting a good turnout and then organising the routes. Welcome new faces.
torchy wrote:Patrick, trust you got back OK
Aye, clicking CV held out all the way home under my own steam, so I got back quickly.
torchy wrote:Greenlane with a friend I would say
After getting stuck on my own in fading light in the past, I totally agree. I'll be in touch once the CV is de-clicked, to visit Gloc'shire with you.

For those of you who had their first offroad Syncro experience on Sat, I thoroughly recommend going along to one of the Syncronauts Club events. Coney Farm is soonest. For me it was invaluable, as I was offered and got some expert advice from the more established hands on offroad driving in these unique vehicles. These is some guidance advice plus few rules regarding safety and rules of engagement on public routes which are worth knowing as well.
Patrick.
Campervan Dehler Profi hightop Syncro 16” AGG

twiggy
80-90 Mem No: 3209

Post by twiggy »

What a day,

Big thank you to all who organised it and led the route, Beers on me when we next meet.

it was great meeting you all and sharing stories of how you got your Syncro and why, I cant wait for the next event ( cant make Coney :( ).

These vehicle's are so capable and give so much confidence, being able to use some of its off road performance with good advice from the more

experienced drivers was so helpful.

Jed you were right, a bit of Actimel sorted out the misfire in the afternoon.. :ok

I am now thinking of better options for wading, maybe AAZ ??. and a vinyl floor.

My lad Jonathan had a great time running around muddy fields and driving through all that water etc, so wants to do it again. Just got to keep him away from the electric fences :roll:

I forgot my camera so only had the phone for pictures so seeing all your pictures is great.

See you all soon

Ian

PS if anyone fancies it, I will be at Snetterton next Saturday and can get you some passenger laps and maybe a drive on the new circuit. PM me
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
86 Holsdsworth Villa Pop Top Syncro
3209 89 Cali pop top Caravelle GL Syncro

alxx_b
80-90 Mem No: 7195

Post by alxx_b »

A few more piccies, apologies for any doubles..

1987 1.9 petrol/lpg reimo Syncro rhd Black "Darth Syncro"

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

Jake and I filmed our weekend on Salisbury Plains. For those who want to see it, it can be viewed on http://campervanculture.com/?p=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; feel free to leave a comment by using the tab under the video.

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

alxx_b
80-90 Mem No: 7195

Post by alxx_b »

jed the spread wrote:Jake and I filmed our weekend on Salisbury Plains. For those who want to see it, it can be viewed on http://campervanculture.com/?p=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; feel free to leave a comment by using the tab under the video.

jed
I like the griddle you use on top of the hob - where can I get one of those?
1987 1.9 petrol/lpg reimo Syncro rhd Black "Darth Syncro"

syncrosimon
80-90 Mem No: 3784

Post by syncrosimon »

torchy wrote:Cracking Job Ady and top marks for kicking it off. Had a great day and good to meet so many newcomers.
Patrick, trust you got back OK....the oil pressure warning light and alarm continued to interupt the CD player :-( and we eventually got back around 4 hours later than expected.....courtesy of a fine RAC fellow and eventually a Hintons transporter. Thankful it happened while we could watch the world go by on a roundabout on the A350...as opposed to a top of the Salsibury plain.......in the dark.
Worthy of note we asked if it had happened while we on a byway? Apparantly they would send a low loader AND a Landy (perish the thought) to tow you to the transporter for the recovery
Not sure if I would want to test that though?.... Greenlane with a friend I would say....even if it has to be a Landy!

Peter

The white double plug with the two brown wires for the oil pressure switches that is in by the thermostat housing gets waterlogged and shows as a glowing oil pressure warning light. Has also triggered the bod in the past on mine, but the oil pressure gauge shows all to be well. Just unplugging shaking dry and re-plugging often will do the trick.
1991 16" DJ (sold)
2006 Subaru Outback 3.0R
2010 Yamaha Ténéré
2000 KTM LC400

Steve Q
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Steve Q »

these pics are ace! the t25s look right at home! love it! ;) i aspire to own one if only... :roll:

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

Nice work Jed, as usual!! Have you considered a tv cooking series? W'eve had the Hairy Bikers, Naked Chef aka Jamie Oliver
{splitty} One man and His campervan {bay} So what about a syncro brick? Can't think of a title at present :pimp
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Simply call it Jed's Spread

I'm sure it's being touted round production companies as we joke

syncrodoug
80-90 Mem No: 1053

Post by syncrodoug »

I'm just thinking the must be a parallel universe somewhere which has TV output devoid of endless cookery, make over, reality etc programmes or am I the only one who finds then utterly boring?
Doug
PS Sorry that rant is slightly off topic!
80-90: 1053
Syncronauts: 15
T3 Syncro DOKA (makeover nearly finished)
T4 Syncro LWB Panel Van - now departed
T3 Syncro SIKA - deciding whether it's for the chop or worth saving

v-lux
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2951

Post by v-lux »

endless cookery, make over, reality etc programmes or am I the only one who finds then utterly boring?

I hear you Doug....loud and clear!

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

v-lux wrote:
endless cookery, make over, reality etc programmes or am I the only one who finds then utterly boring?

I hear you Doug....loud and clear!

So... ready for something a bit more interesting then.................... :idea: