Camperjam 2016 Syncro rides result

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Camperjam 2016 Syncro rides result

Post by toomanytoys »

An unbelievable result...

I have to thank every single person that took a ride in our chariots for such a good cause.

A massive thank you to Shaun, Geoff, James and David (along with myself) for pasting their trucks round and round and round for several hours and many many laps of the offroad course, tirelessly picking up passengers and dropping them back only to have more shuffled efficiently in by Fiona, Gillian, Daniel, Jenny, Ethan and Luis, Kirsty chatting up the passers by and drawing them in.
(massive thank you to all the stars that ensured smooth running has been done in the roll call thread :wink: )

We are not quite sure of the actual numbers of passengers carried as there are many many sheets of paper with names on, but a fair estimate is around 500 passengers...

There were quite a few people had a second ride too.. :lol:

Max and Fiona had organised a couple of other items (plant sales and a "Gin bar") which rasied a few quid too.. :ok

The total for the weekend was an amazing and astoundingly incredible and humbling amount..

£1239.12

Every single penny taken will be handed over to the Macmillan cancer support charity, in addition to the monies raised from Syncropendence.
None of the drivers have been reimbursed with fuel costs etc..

Again.
Thank you for you generous donations, be it financial, time, skill, etc etc.. :ok

PC52
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Re: Camperjam 2016 Syncro rides result

Post by PC52 »

WOWZERS!!!!

Truly amazing, everybody that took part, lent a hand and made this an amazing weekend A MASSIVE THANK YOU

The comments from the passengers were all brilliant and positive. Sharon and I feel totally humbled by the generosity and commitment from everybody this weekend.
1.9 TDI Syncro Multivan
1.9 TDI Doka project in progress

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Mate..
I genuinely had a lump in my throat when Jenny sent the text through last night... Amazing...

M4tt_1
80-90 Mem No: 15107

Post by M4tt_1 »

Fantastic result for a very deserving cause, you should all be very proud.

As a newbie going round the course as a passenger, it's a great experience and I can see why it was so popular.....well done :ok

Matt
1986, RHD EJ22 Syncro 

David Eccles
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by David Eccles »

Can I just say a massive thanks to Si and everyone who got behind this 500 riders and £1239 raised
Due to problems with my bus I never got back to see you all and thank you in person on the Sat nor blag a ride this year :( - and show n shine sunday is just a manic day...
next year bring it on!

bene
80-90 Mem No: 13093

Post by bene »

That there is absolutely amazing!
Well done to everybody involved... you all did a sterling job.
With a bit of practice i might be able to take people round in say, 10 years? ha ha!

Sorry we did not manage to get any marshalling in, but Rose is a bit of a handful (and was even more so at camperjam for some reason)... this daddy and mummy stuff is hard! ha!

Well done again.
Oh and Shaun, thanks for the ride... you are a pro... oooooo errrr...
And Simon, thanks for letting me have a go on the course, even though my skills are some what questionable. Im suprised my hightop made it through!
Any one for cricket? what what?