30 years of Syncro? (2 threads now merged)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

poshbuggers
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: 30 years of Syncro? (2 threads now merged)

Post by poshbuggers »

Easier for me. Less distance and a few perks.

I will make more of the trip down and do a few overnighters along the route. My grandfather marched to Berlin from Holland as part of the 52nd Lowland Division so I will hop over to Rotterdam and follow his route from Walcheren Island to Berlin and be all sentimental along the way.

'90 Syncro Hightop. Ex-BUPA/Rowan ambulance with 2.0L GTI power and some curious windows.
)

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

We WILL be organized by our German friends :lol:
Ok so now I have a year to sort out ours, when it will be 29 & 3/4...might just be doable.

Simon Baxter
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1

Post by Simon Baxter »

I can feel a flight and a hire car coming on...
'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'81 Porsche 924
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Never. If my old man could drive a 1939 SS (steady...) all the way to the Brandenberg Gate and back 20 years ago after little more than a kick of the tyres and a look at the dipstick, there's no excuses.

SYMCRO
80-90 Mem No: 2411

Post by SYMCRO »

The Berlin Bus Festival is an Ideal event & site to hold the 30 year celebration.

It is very well attended by T25's (in particular Syncro's.). It has an off road course and a sprint (and plenty of space)

It is also a Supporter of our own Busfest Event in the UK. Our Berlin Bus Festival Crew, prepare & run the Syncro Trail @ Busfest each year.If you would Like to meet some of Berlin Crew many of them will be at Busfest again this year.

My thoughts on this are this;.
There seems to be little appetite from Syncro fans to hold any major stand alone Syncro 30 year Celebration event in the UK. (we will still be doing something at Busfest 2015 but there seems to be little point in developing our new (potential) off road circuit any further for a stand alone Syncro event without any/more commitment from UK Syncro fans.).
Organising and producing a 1 off event for Syncro's at a new site (or Country) without massive input (or sponsorship) from a lot of people is also a non starter as the risks are way too high.
The best (and easiest) solution is to tag it on to an already established (and proven) event. The Berlin Bus Festival fits the bill on this in every respect.
Although (@ present) it is a relatively small event it has very good support from T25 Fans from all over Europe especially Syncro's. And (as By Producing the Big T3 in 2012 proved) is capable of pulling out what it takes to produce something spectacular. It also has a very nice set of traders selling mainly Syncro & T25 Parts.
People attending from UK & other countries can also pay a visit to the VW Factory @ Hanover on the way or have a few days in Berlin as well.

Some of our (Busfest) Crew will again be attending and helping to organise and run the Berlin Bus festival again this year. If anyone on here wants to tag along it is well worth the trip. :ok

8)

Simon
Symcro

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Post by Titus A Duxass »

Well I'll be going, it's only 70k from my house.
It'll give the Berlin Bus Fest a bit of a boost, it was "pooh" last year.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

My gut feeling is that any syncronauts that wish to attend syncro 30 will organise themselves and get there under their own steam as per usual, whether as individuals or as a discrete group...

Simon Baxter
Trader

Post by Simon Baxter »

Simon.
With all due respect.
I think the problem with Busfest is that Syncro owners are used as an attraction and are promised free tickets in return but they never actually materialise.
Or so the mutterings I have overheard seem to suggest, doesn't really affect me, I pay my money for my stall and I'm generally stuck there all weekend!
But, the Syncro owners are used as entertainment but get nothing back for the potential of wrecking their pride and joy misjudging a drive over a skip so the lack of appetite to assist maybe down to this?
Maybe if some of the broken promises are fixed then the UK syncro peeps maybe a little more receptive.
Just a thought.
8)
'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'81 Porsche 924
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks

Simon Baxter
Trader

Post by Simon Baxter »

silverbullet wrote:My gut feeling is that any syncronauts that wish to attend syncro 30 will organise themselves and get there under their own steam as per usual, whether as individuals or as a discrete group...

This.
'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'81 Porsche 924
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks

Simon Baxter
Trader

Post by Simon Baxter »

silverbullet wrote:Never. If my old man could drive a 1939 SS (steady...) all the way to the Brandenberg Gate and back 20 years ago after little more than a kick of the tyres and a look at the dipstick, there's no excuses.

Time! Time is an excuse!
'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'81 Porsche 924
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Choose.

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Busfest does have another problem in these parts:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/ ... pants2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

SYMCRO wrote:[The Berlin Bus Festival is an Ideal event & site to hold the 30 year celebration.

It is very well attended by T25's (in particular Syncro's.). It has an off road course and a sprint (and plenty of space)

It is also a Supporter of our own Busfest Event in the UK. Our Berlin Bus Festival Crew, prepare & run the Syncro Trail @ Busfest each year.If you would Like to meet some of Berlin Crew many of them will be at Busfest again this year.

My thoughts on this are this;.
There seems to be little appetite from Syncro fans to hold any major stand alone Syncro 30 year Celebration event in the UK. (we will still be doing something at Busfest 2015 but there seems to be little point in developing our new (potential) off road circuit any further for a stand alone Syncro event without any/more commitment from UK Syncro fans.).
Organising and producing a 1 off event for Syncro's at a new site (or Country) without massive input (or sponsorship) from a lot of people is also a non starter as the risks are way too high.
The best (and easiest) solution is to tag it on to an already established (and proven) event. The Berlin Bus Festival fits the bill on this in every respect.
Although (@ present) it is a relatively small event it has very good support from T25 Fans from all over Europe especially Syncro's. And (as By Producing the Big T3 in 2012 proved) is capable of pulling out what it takes to produce something spectacular. It also has a very nice set of traders selling mainly Syncro & T25 Parts.
People attending from UK & other countries can also pay a visit to the VW Factory @ Hanover on the way or have a few days in Berlin as well.

Some of our (Busfest) Crew will again be attending and helping to organise and run the Berlin Bus festival again this year. If anyone on here wants to tag along it is well worth the trip. :ok

8)

It could be worth asking club 80 90 syncronauts for there input, help and advice as to date there has been no contact directly with them.

Neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

SYMCRO wrote: Some of our (Busfest) Crew will again be attending and helping to organise and run the Berlin Bus festival again this year.
And you wonder why there is a lack of interest?
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv29 ... e620f9.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

im probably being really slow but i don't get the pics of the pants and horse?
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you