30 years of Syncro? (2 threads now merged)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

syncrowjoker
80-90 Mem No: 2502

Re: 30 years of Syncro? (2 threads now merged)

Post by syncrowjoker »

I,m in :ok
AKA Syncrostan

KarlT
80-90 Mem No: 2266

Post by KarlT »

lloydy wrote:arctic circle is hopefully 2015 summer for us..Karl, is that pic from summer or winter?

Few years ago now but late spring I think, remember the minus 15*C at night though.

Fabzzz
80-90 Mem No: 11842

Post by Fabzzz »

love to go in Italy :-) let us know ASAP when we know where we are going ! :-)
:ok
If you want to follow the evolution of my van: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92871568@N ... hotostream

Jackofall
80-90 Mem No: 9574

Post by Jackofall »

All sound interesting. I have recently moved from the top Island of Shetland, the Island of Unst and brought with me my 1990 Atlantic Syncro Hi-top. I am led to believe it is quite a rarity. It is all original inside and out apart from the engine which I replaced recently although it is still a 1.6TD, it has its whole service history and is a pleasure to drive. It has no diff locks fitted. we have had holidays around Shetland and done several trips to Lincolnshire and Norfolk. With the Retro awning on it is a spacious and comfortable accommodation.
I have recently joined syncronaughts and could enjoy a trip out and Scotland sounds great.
A great site and some great bloggs which I have gained a lot of useful information.

Fabzzz
80-90 Mem No: 11842

Post by Fabzzz »

Jackofall wrote:All sound interesting. I have recently moved from the top Island of Shetland, the Island of Unst and brought with me my 1990 Atlantic Syncro Hi-top. I am led to believe it is quite a rarity. It is all original inside and out apart from the engine which I replaced recently although it is still a 1.6TD, it has its whole service history and is a pleasure to drive. It has no diff locks fitted. we have had holidays around Shetland and done several trips to Lincolnshire and Norfolk. With the Retro awning on it is a spacious and comfortable accommodation.
I have recently joined syncronaughts and could enjoy a trip out and Scotland sounds great.
A great site and some great bloggs which I have gained a lot of useful information.

welcome!!! :ok :mrgreen:
If you want to follow the evolution of my van: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92871568@N ... hotostream

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Jackofall wrote:All sound interesting. I have recently moved from the top Island of Shetland, the Island of Unst and brought with me my 1990 Atlantic Syncro Hi-top. I am led to believe it is quite a rarity. It is all original inside and out apart from the engine which I replaced recently although it is still a 1.6TD, it has its whole service history and is a pleasure to drive. It has no diff locks fitted. we have had holidays around Shetland and done several trips to Lincolnshire and Norfolk. With the Retro awning on it is a spacious and comfortable accommodation.

Welcome... and not far from me.. :ok

hans j
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by hans j »

If I could add my thoughts and hopes for this event, I would love to see it at Graz or Mammut Park again. I've never been to a European show, but planning to ship my van across the pond for this one. Yes, the big Atlantic pond...

The photos and videos of syncro25 are amazing and made me want to go. We do syncro solstice at Moab in Utah (USA) and we get around 60 vans and lots of off road driving in, but I want to see a BIG show.

I plan on spending at least three weeks to a month over there on this trip and visit as much VW and Audi stuff as I can. Hopefully travel to Scandinavia and just see as much of Europe as I can cram in. My girlfriend is from Chemnitz Germany so we will be around that area a bit too.

I'm hoping the timing will work for us, between May and August will work, but if it doesn't, perhaps we'll just fly over. I'll still need to find a boat mate for my syncro, but I'm starting to plan this and get the van dialed for next year.

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

hans j wrote:If I could add my thoughts and hopes for this event, I would love to see it at Graz or Mammut Park again. I've never been to a European show, but planning to ship my van across the pond for this one. Yes, the big Atlantic pond...

The photos and videos of syncro25 are amazing and made me want to go. We do syncro solstice at Moab in Utah (USA) and we get around 60 vans and lots of off road driving in, but I want to see a BIG show.

I plan on spending at least three weeks to a month over there on this trip and visit as much VW and Audi stuff as I can. Hopefully travel to Scandinavia and just see as much of Europe as I can cram in. My girlfriend is from Chemnitz Germany so we will be around that area a bit too.

I'm hoping the timing will work for us, between May and August will work, but if it doesn't, perhaps we'll just fly over. I'll still need to find a boat mate for my syncro, but I'm starting to plan this and get the van dialed for next year.

Well.. plenty to see and do and 3 weeks wont be long enough by a long shot..
in early 2013 I had planned to be over in the USA visiting a friend and touring a bit.. was going to be around for a couple of the syncro events.. But.. Couple of things popped up meaning I couldn't tour with my friend and ended up in Croatia for 3 weeks.. ferrying the film crew around for the Croatia Trophy event.. had a fantastic time.. saw a lot of Europe I had never seen before, passed Graz twice..

This year.. hoping to take in a bit more syncro event stuff, (Syncro Treffen end of April), and drop by the old facility in Graz where my truck was born.. (1992 one of the last)

poshbuggers

Post by poshbuggers »

A major update. Syncro 30 is to be located in Graz, Austria. It had to be Graz really didn't it?

An announcement was made on the website at http://www.vwT3.co.at and the beginnings of a discussion about the event is being held on the forum http://www.vwt3.co.at/index.php?name=Fo ... ic&t=36555

I'll be attending for sure. Anyone else interested should either register on the forum or we could begin a fresh thread for this event on here with a show of interest and updates as they come with further information. 8)

'90 Syncro Hightop. Ex-BUPA/Rowan ambulance with 2.0L GTI power and some curious windows.
)

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

If you are interested join the forum so all discussion is in one place.
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

max and caddy

Post by max and caddy »

I'm intrested..don't speak or read German...

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

poshbuggers wrote:A major update. Syncro 30 is to be located in Graz, Austria. It had to be Graz really didn't it?

An announcement was made on the website at http://www.vwT3.co.at and the beginnings of a discussion about the event is being held on the forum http://www.vwt3.co.at/index.php?name=Fo ... ic&t=36555

I'll be attending for sure. Anyone else interested should either register on the forum or we could begin a fresh thread for this event on here with a show of interest and updates as they come with further information. 8)

Sweet

Any idea when???

Depending on how many things there will be to do over what period of time.. Anyone interested in some Croatian adventures??

poshbuggers

Post by poshbuggers »

No information on a date yet, but I shall update as this is fixed and the venue also.

The organisation team is now coming together so any new information that comes out I will pass on as I hear it

However, anyone interested in attending/contributing would benefit from joining the site itself while the event is in the baby stages.

'90 Syncro Hightop. Ex-BUPA/Rowan ambulance with 2.0L GTI power and some curious windows.
)

poshbuggers

Post by poshbuggers »

max and caddy wrote:I'm intrested..don't speak or read German...

The site works well using Google Translate :idea:

)

Simon Baxter
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1

Post by Simon Baxter »

Just use Google chrome, it automatically translates websites.
'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'81 Porsche 924
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks