Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Re: Adventure Overland Show 28-29 September

Post by toomanytoys »

Dutchdude wrote:Hi,

Seems like I have time off next weekend after all
and I would like to go. Any chance to get on there with my syncro? What can I do to register this late?

Cheers,

Rob

I am heading back from NL thurs eve Rob.. prob gonna take the stena from Hook van Holand to Harwich... Swap over to syncro Fri morn and head over to the show..

Dutchdude
80-90 Mem No: 206

Post by Dutchdude »

Simon,

I haven't booked my ferry yet. If Hoek of Holland -Harwich is cheaper I'll book the same one if possible. Usually I get the Dunkirk-Dover one. For Busfest this was 58 euro's round trip, an almost unbeatable price!

I saw on the overland website I can just show up and buy a camping and entrance ticket. Are the syncronauts in the club camping area or located in the trading area? I want to be able to find you guys..

Cheers,

Rob
1991 Syncro Westy 16"
1990 Westy California
2003 Karmann Colorado 580H
1990 Golf mark 2

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Rob.. Hook wont be that cheap. I need tk leave late on and taking advantage of the fact I can sleep on the boat while traveling.. will save me 250 miles of driving and arriving In the early hours tired before packing the syncro to head to the event.. and work will pay for it.. ha ha ha...

Dutchdude
80-90 Mem No: 206

Post by Dutchdude »

Looks like I won't be able to make it after all. Maybe next year.
1991 Syncro Westy 16"
1990 Westy California
2003 Karmann Colorado 580H
1990 Golf mark 2

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Ok... next year then!
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Post by max.karisma »

Just wondered if there is a tool or has anyone got one to put inserts into rubber window seals? Still haven't inserted my shiny trim yet since SP :roll:
If so could you bring it to AO as I'm hoping that someone may give me a hand to fit it :)

Also I'm looking for a REAR WHEEL BEARING HOUSING if anyone has one to do a deal on? No worries not planning on doing this at AO :rollin
I just know if I ask around when I get there, someone will say '"oh ye I have one back home in the garage".

The camping looks a little more organised now, I should be there early to help rope off. I'll catch you before Jenny for instructions.

Chilli sounds great :D I have picked up some organic chilli bread from local bakery, hot hot!
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

hugomonkey
80-90 Mem No: 10485

Post by hugomonkey »

i´ll be coming late so save a space for me! :ok and "oh yeh i do have one of those in the garage" so i´ll bring a few along
Regards Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHp3lQKS6lo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JennyTyger
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by JennyTyger »

It sounds like it is going to be quite a feast. Ive bought bowls for the chilli and I'll borrow some plastic spoons from our allotment tea hut.

Thanks Max would be very grateful for your help. Need to reserve syncro camping area (I'll laminate some signs), set up the Syncronauts display in the new Coleman shelter tent which has never been put up before - that'll be good fun, as well as setting up our own little tent.
Jenny
Member: 379

every decoding is another encoding

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

I should be up there early afternoon, happy to help set stuff up.
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

Just managed to get this lot in the Westy :shock: Alan has a van full too :shock: :shock:

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

max and caddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by max and caddy »

jed the spread wrote:Just managed to get this lot in the Westy :shock: Alan has a van full too :shock: :shock:

Jed
Missus Is loving it I can tell!

max and caddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by max and caddy »

jes*b wrote:Image

And I thought I was paranoid about gearbox failiure on a long journey! Alway pays to carry a few basic spare parts!

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Post by max.karisma »

hugomonkey wrote:i´ll be coming late so save a space for me! :ok and "oh yeh i do have one of those in the garage" so i´ll bring a few along

Thanks Jason, that's great :) Are you arriving late Friday or Saturday ? Hope you have a good journey over.
Oh and I have got hold of the window seal insert tool . . .

Look forward to seeing you all :D
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

There is a real buzz about The Adventure Overland show this year for sure.

There are some great guest speakers this year and I really regret slipping into getting to jolly around the camp fire last year and missing out on some of the seminars as I lost track of time :oops: Both Jake and I have been interested and active on the overland network for a good few years now, at least as long as I have owned a Syncro and we often share links to different people doing different things.

At the show this year on the Friday there is a lad called Nathan Millward from the UK and when he was in OZ and it was time to go home, rather than get on a plane, he decided to buy a 100cc moped/bike and drive home. We followed him from start to finish via video logs on YouTube and he did absolutely no research what so ever, just bought it and headed home :shock: I don't know just how many of you have been to Oz even by airplane but believe me it is a very very long flight and to drive across it then drive home on 100cc with no pre planned visas deserves maximum respect. He then carried on to Alaska covering 35,000 miles.... Anyway he has a session on the Friday night and it will be worth checking out if you are into any form of overlanding or adventure travel.

Andrew St.Pierre White is following on from Nathan I think and it was through his videos we were able to test out the safe recovery techniques at SP this year.

So thats just a little heads up for the Friday evening but there are lots of other talks going on that evening too :ok

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More