ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW - Club Display Stand?

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

syncro up
80-90 Mem No: 3981

Re: ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW - Club Display Stand?

Post by syncro up »

Hello,

Please find herein general information about camping at ADVENTURE OVERLAND.

IMPORTANT: PRINT OFF THIS FILE AS YOU WILL NEED THIS INFORMATION WHEN YOU ARRIVE.

To find the venue: Click on https://plus.google.com/110675439792400 ... l=uk&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Some online maps and GPS SatNav systems will actually take to a nearby garden centre, but our direction signs will lead you to Whilton Mill Karting Centre (over bridge opposite side of M1 motorway to Whilton Locks canal basin), nr. Daventry, Northamptonshire NN11 2NH.

Road direction signs: The Camping Gate will be clearly signposted on the main road as you arrive.

Directions - From the North (and East via A5): M1 Junct. 18 – A428 direction Daventry – A5 south direction Weedon – approx. 7 miles left on Roman Road to Whilton Locks – drive through Wilton Locks, over M1, Whilton Mill Karting left.

Directions - From the South (and West via A5): M1 Junct. 16 – A45 direction Weedon – A5 north direction Hinckley/Nuneaton – approx. 3.5 miles right on Roman Road to Whilton Locks – drive through Wilton Locks, over M1, Whilton Mill Karting left.

Tickets and Camping Permits: Tickets and Camping Permits to be collected at the gate upon arrival. Simply tell the gate staff your name and postcode as you arrive, you will be handed your pre-booked Tickets and Camping Permit.

CAMPING: CONDITIONS & GENERAL INFORMATION

Friday 5th October 2012 Arrival from 13:00 hrs

Saturday 6th October 2012 Show hours 10:00 hrs – 17:00 hrs

Sunday 7th October 2012 Show hours 10:00 hrs – 16:00 hrs

Monday 8th October 2012 Departure by 16:00 hrs

Camping Meadow - Split into two distinct areas, it is entirely your choice upon arrival where you pitch up …

QUIET AREA: Although it is impossible to promise this area will be totally silent, obviously it will be a lot better than the area allocated to clubs and groups. Any individual camper, club or organisation may pitch up within this Quiet Area, but we ask you to respect those around you and keep noise to a minimum. This also applies to dogs barking! Curfew for generators is 22:00 - 09:00

CLUB AREA: Quite likely to be roped off into sections as the first Officials of clubs arrive, this area will almost certainly be noisy – it is inevitable. Individual campers are however more than welcome to pitch up on this side of Camping Meadow, but don’t be surprised if there’s a party next to you well into the night! Curfew for generators – see below.

GENERAL RULES OF THE CAMPING MEADOW:-

Barbeques and open fires are perfectly acceptable providing …

a) they are encased in some type of steel container i.e. half oil drum, large truck wheel, tripod, etc.

b) they are raised off the ground so the grass is not scorched or marked in any way.

This includes small disposable BBQ’s which always leave a rectangular black scorch mark every time. To overcome the problem, simply bring some bricks with you to place underneath or even a paving slab or two. The same goes for larger communal fires on which smouldering logs fall on the grass. We want to return to the venue for many years to come, so please respect the grass.

No trading within the Camping Meadow. This includes selling or promoting parts/spares, autojumble, food/beverages.

Generators / music in the Club Area - There is no specific curfew times on generators or music in the Club Area, but only if you receive no complaints from your neighbours. We are not out to spoil your fun, but if complaints of excessive noise are received, you will first be asked to reduce the noise (on the first occasion you probably wouldn’t even know it’s loud), any subsequent complaints you will be asked to turn it off altogether. Generators must be either silent-running, or if an older model, baffled with boards to prevent nuisance to other campers. This applies to all areas of the Camping Meadow.

Camping permits - for Fri, Sat and Sun nights must be displayed in your vehicle’s windscreen.

Dogs under control are welcome - clean up essential!

Electrical hook-up’s - there are none on site, however, if taken to the Event Office the organisers can charge batteries for wheelchairs or mobility scooters, batteries for cameras, mobile phones, etc.

Site facilities - include the main toilet block with showers (incl. disabled access), on-site catering units, the Mill Bar open Friday and Saturday evenings + daytime Sat & Sun, mains drinking water and an Elsan emptying point.

Clubs and organisations are responsible for all matters appertaining to Health & Safety requirements including Risk Assessments, Public Liability Insurance, shelters and equipment (whether hired or owned) within the confines of their Club Display Stands and club camping areas in the Camping Meadow. A very good idea is to set up fire points (comprising a 6 lit./9 lit. water or 5kg CO2 fire extinguisher, a red bucket of sand, and a FIRE POINT sign – red lettering on a white background) on Club Display Stands and alongside communal club barbeques; basic but very effective! At the end of the day, they are your members and it is your club – look out for them!

Should campers or show visitors require any further information whilst on site, please visit the Event Office.

Should the event be postponed, abandoned, cancelled or re-located for whatever reason, the organiser shall not be liable in any way in respect of expenditure, liability or loss incurred by show visitors. No refunds under any circumstances. The organiser reserves the right to refuse admission.

We have kept camping fees to a minimum, so to keep our costs down … take your rubbish home. Also, please leave club areas clean and tidy. Clubs and individual campers flouting this simple rule will be refused entry to future events.

GENERAL INFORMATION:-

If in any doubt about intruders within your campsite – don’t tackle them – call security immediately!

24hr SECURITY: Mark Hyde: 07925 168490 ~ Tosh Hyde: 07854 659469

Convenience Shop: This will be sited directly alongside the Event Office in the main showground. Here they sell general groceries including alcohol, cigarettes, etc., plus camping accessories and consumables i.e. Camping stove aerosol-size gas cylinders.

Calor gas (butane + propane): Whilton Marina Chandlery, Whilton Locks, Daventry, Northants NN11 2NH. Tel: 01327 844639. They also sell starter/leisure batteries, electrical, etc. Open 6 days - 09:00-17:00, Sun 10:00-16:00. (2 mins)

Hospital A&E dept: Hospital of St Cross, Barby Road, Rugby, Warwickshire CV22 5PX Tel: 01788 572831 (11.4 miles/20 mins)

Hospital A&E dept: Northampton General Hospital, Cliftonville, Northampton NN1 5BD. Tel: 01604 545610/545601 (12.2 miles/20 mins)

Dentist: Oasis Dental Care, 27 High Street, Daventry, Northants NN11 4BG. Tel: 01327 310793. Open 365 days. (3.9 miles/10 mins)

24hr Pharmacy: Daventry Day & Night Pharmacy, 5 St Johns Square, Daventry, Northamptonshire NN11 4FG. Tel: 01327 706320 (3.9 miles / 10 mins)

Veterinary surgeons: Vets Now Emergency Ltd, 1a Monks Pond Road, Northampton NN1 2LF. Tel: 01604 635 835 (11.2 miles/18 mins)

Fuel incl. LPG: Shell garage, London Road, Wootton, Northampton, NN4 0JN. Tel: 01604 664940 24 hrs / 7 days. (13.9 miles/20 mins)

Indian/Thai takeaway: Mango Lounge, Station Road, Watford Gap, Northamptonshire NN6 7UL. Open Mon-Sat 12:00-14:00 and 17:30-23:00, Sun12:00-22:00. Tel: 01327 703621. Free delivery on orders over £10.00 or 10% off takeaway on orders over £10.00.
(2.8 miles/4 mins)

Chinese takeaway: Lucky House, 36 High Street, Weedon, Northamptonshire NN7 4QD. Tues-Thurs 17.00-23.00, Fri & Sat 17:00-23:30, Sun 17:00-23:00. Tel: 01327 349363. No delivery service, collection only. (3.3 miles/5 mins)

Fuel incl. LPG: Shell garage, London Road, Wootton, Northampton, NN4 0JN Tel: 01604 664940 24 hrs / 7 days. (13.9 miles/20 mins)

SAFETY INFORMATION:-

Carbon Monoxide Can Kill - There have been several fatalities at campsites this year, in particular relating to carbon monoxide poisoning. Please be safe at ADVENTURE OVERLAND.

• A warm, smouldering barbeque gives off carbon monoxide (CO), which can kill, plus several other toxins.
• Never take a lit barbeque into a tent, awning, camper, caravan or motorhome.
• Never use a fuel-burning appliance to heat your tent of awning.
• Gas and kerosene heaters – unless they are permanently installed in a camper, caravan or motorhome, they should only be used outdoors. Stoves and barbeques are designed for cooking, not space-heating.
• Never run a gas, petrol or or diesel-powered generator inside an tent, awning, camper, caravan or motorhome.
• Don’t cook inside your tents or awning – unless there is an area specifically designed for this purpose and you’re certain there is adequate ventilation.
• Don’t use any other gas, charcoal, or liquid fuel appliances inside a tent or awning. Gas-powered fridges and lamps, for example, also need plenty of ventilation as they also produce poisonous carbon monoxide.
• Don’t rely solely on a carbon monoxide detector to keep you safe in a tent or awning. The my be useful indoors at home, in a caravan or morothome, but they are not designed for the conditions found in a tent or awning.

Fire can destroy a tent in 60 seconds, a 4x4 in 2 minutes! On average, 1,400 fires per year occur in caravans.

• As mentioned, barbeques are for outside, not in awnings.
• Never open a petrol jerrican next to a running generator, as expansion can spray liquid over you and the genny!
• Never use petrol to revive a barbeque.
• Never throw used aerosols or gas canisters into naked flames.
• Always have a fire extinguisher on board your vehicle.
• Keep a bucket of water or sand near fires/barbeques.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes...

Todays might Oak is just yesterdays nut which held its ground!

'87 Rhd 2.1 Syncro Moonraker
'91 Rhd AAZ Syncro Sika
'03 Merlin Syncro Expedition Trailer

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

We are thinking of making a late bid - maybe for the day, not sure, Are all syncro's going to be in display area or is there a plan to establish a base camp in the camping area , or both? sorry not been paying much attention as was going to be away with work but now looks like i will be home in time.

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

I have no idea but my tickets arrived today woo hoo.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

syncro up

Post by syncro up »

jes*b wrote:We are thinking of making a late bid - maybe for the day, not sure, Are all syncro's going to be in display area or is there a plan to establish a base camp in the camping area , or both? sorry not been paying much attention as was going to be away with work but now looks like i will be home in time.

Those camping should get together and arrange the first ones down to hold a big enough area for the rest.

The vehicles on display so far are Dai, clive and paul. We still have a pass for a fourth vehicle if some one is staying all weekend and wants to be on display. But most syncros will either be visiting for the day or in the camping field.

Alastair

'91 Rhd AAZ Syncro Sika

..lee..

Post by ..lee.. »

As I said earlier alister I don't mind being on display if nobody else is up for it. Me and rich are sharing my van so there'll be two of us.

Lee
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

A list of who is going,

Jebiga41
PC52
Lee & Rich
Jed
Dai and Debs
Tom & co

My lad is going to absolutely love this. All he goes on about is syncro's, Unimogs, 4x4's and 6x6's!
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

hugomonkey
80-90 Mem No: 10485

Post by hugomonkey »

??
Regards Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHp3lQKS6lo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

A list of who is going,

Jebiga41
PC52
Lee & Rich
Jed
Dai and Debs
Jason (hugomonkey)
Aidan
the Ninjas big and small :wink:

ok Jason :ok

hugomonkey
80-90 Mem No: 10485

Post by hugomonkey »

thank you :ok
Regards Jason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHp3lQKS6lo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

syncro up

Post by syncro up »

..lee.. wrote:As I said earlier alister I don't mind being on display if nobody else is up for it. Me and rich are sharing my van so there'll be two of us.

Lee

Right on mate, your on the stand.
I've pm'd you the details.

'91 Rhd AAZ Syncro Sika

..lee..

Post by ..lee.. »

ok message recieved :ok

if anyone fancies this show and hasn`t booked camping yet then i may have a camping pass going spare best ring me on 07977 765 818

Ok pass is now spoken for. Thanks.

lee.

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Jebiga41
PC52
Lee & Rich
Jed
Dai and Debs
Jason (hugomonkey)
Aidan

That's funny, I was convinced we were going, esp as Jenny's been going mad all week producing displays, collecting trestles and shelter tents and whatnots, other than all the long duration, long distance phonecalls organising said affairs :D
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

jebiga41
PC52
Lee & Rich
Jed
Dai and Debs
Jason (hugomonkey)
Aidan
Clive & Jenny

Syncronaut No. 1

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

I didnt get chance to book on line so will be paying on the gate.

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

Nibbles and aperitifs at the display stand Sat 6pm ish ?

Basics provided, by all means bring a contribution.

Above ground barbecues should be OK as it is an Overland Travel expo.

Syncronaut No. 1