T25 Selby & surrounding areas.

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Spoffnaker

T25 Selby & surrounding areas.

Post by Spoffnaker »

Hi All, just bought my first T25 and its a single cab pickup. (couldn't afford camper) but will have same sort of use mainly holidaying (tent). fit the bikes in too :D

Was just wondering if anyone lived Selby/york + surrounding areas, that knew of any local meets?

Could do with going to one, get introduced to the family properly and help me out me out with a few bits that don't work ha. (Speedo, lights, radio).

Would be grateful if anyone could come back to me on this one, as I'm really keen to get into the T25 click, which is obviously really strong, just by reading a few bits on here!

So yeah, done 100 miles in her over last 2 days, even left my nice new Audi at home!! :ok

Jonny!
1990 T25 Single Cab Pickup. First One :)

meehaja
80-90 Mem No: 7856

Re: T25 Selby & surrounding areas.

Post by meehaja »

I'm over in Bradford/Leeds but can help with speedo/lights/radio's...
1982 A/C 2.0 Bright Orange Panel Van.

Spoffnaker

Post by Spoffnaker »

Thats handy to know. Thanks.

Lights/radio, easy enough, But struggling to find some accurate info on my speedo. It was jumping up and down, now it doesnt move at all, give me any speed reading nor is it clocking up any miles. Was working fine when I picked her up on Thursday :(
??

Jonny

meggles

Post by meggles »

Hi, a few of us around this area. I'm in York. Welcome. Meet at Rainton in July but camping in pub car park. Don't think pegs will go through the surface. Bit hard on the old back as well.Can you site tent on top of flatbed with air mattress to lay on?
speedo: Probs a snapped cable, could have been on way out when you bought it. It drives from N/S/F hub I believe. Think crew cabs are same idea. Could be speedo head of course. Difficult to be sure without having van available.

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

If its a late van it will have a clip on connection on the back of the speedo.Make sure this is pushed on.As they sometimes come off.Early vans have a screw on connection.Is the other end of the cable sticking out of the passenger side wheel hub,with a small circlip holding it in place?

It was jumping up and down
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

Spoffnaker

Post by Spoffnaker »

sorted guys thanks!!

The speedo cable was sticking out, slight push in, wiggle behind the clocks, working fine!

Looking forward to a meet now :)

Jonny

meggles

Post by meggles »

R0B wrote:If its a late van it will have a clip on connection on the back of the speedo.Make sure this is pushed on.As they sometimes come off.Early vans have a screw on connection.Is the other end of the cable sticking out of the passenger side wheel hub,with a small circlip holding it in place?

It was jumping up and down

Clever so and so! :wink:

VeeDubster
80-90 Mem No: 2332

Post by VeeDubster »

Another Selby based T25 owner here, I've had my camper around six years now, originally bought it from a vicar in Thorpe Willoughby!

I'll keep an eye open for you.
Selby, North Yorkshire.

'86 T3 1.9DG Hi-Top Camper, '67 Beetle 1500, Yamaha XJ900S and a Skoda.

stuffkez
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by stuffkez »

Nice bus that saw it on eBay a few weeks back , I was up in in Selby yesterday in my Wedge for the game fair aka Lurcher Fest ! at Carlton towers . Spotted a nice blue crew cab cruising about .
Cheers Paul

stuffkez

Post by stuffkez »

meggles wrote:Hi, a few of us around this area. I'm in York. Welcome. Meet at Rainton in July but camping in pub car park. Don't think pegs will go through the surface. Bit hard on the old back as well.Can you site tent on top of flatbed with air mattress to lay on?
speedo: Probs a snapped cable, could have been on way out when you bought it. It drives from N/S/F hub I believe. Think crew cabs are same idea. Could be speedo head of course. Difficult to be sure without having van available.

Which boozer do you camp at ?
Cheers Paul

meggles

Post by meggles »

Sorry Paul, just seen this. It's the Bay Horse at Rainton.

stuffkez

Post by stuffkez »

Back on eBay ? Nice looking single cab this just can't justify having 3 cars at the minute :(
Cheers Paul