Behr-Hella radiator?

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Thefamegame
80-90 Mem No: 0

Behr-Hella radiator?

Post by Thefamegame »

Is that the good one? I'm not sure and Brickwerks are out of stock on their south african one :)

Need one desperately, thanks!
ej20 powered pre-runner

tyneside-t25
80-90 Mem No: 15074

Re: Behr-Hella radiator?

Post by tyneside-t25 »

just checked on FPS website & they keep one in stock, what engine & year ??
1985 hi-top 1.6d.

tee3t3

Post by tee3t3 »

Hella Behr are the good ones... or should be.
Until the SA Hella ones are available again, theyre selling the same substandard ones with the plastic bleed screw as everyone else under the Hella Behr name... just a different part number.
SA Hella ones will be here on Friday I've just been told.
In the meantime, these are the best available ones we've found that fit and have the brass bleed screw instead of that crappy plastic one that you cant undo.

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/radiator-t ... -3611.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FPS as far as I'm aware dont stock Hella rads for a T3 they stock the Nissens ones... same as the alternative non SA ones Hella buy in.

Dollytony
80-90 Mem No: 14086

Post by Dollytony »

I fitted one of these ^^^^ to my Subaru EJ25 converted bus before our latest trip to the South of France 2 weeks ago as the thinner cheap rad I had fitted last year really struggled in the 35 degree heat, with the new rad I had no problems, it kept the engine lovely & cool, would recommend.

The fit is good & as stated you can get at the brass bleed screw with no problems. :ok
1981 Westfalia Poptop now EJ25 Powered

Thefamegame

Post by Thefamegame »

tee3t3 wrote:Hella Behr are the good ones... or should be.
Until the SA Hella ones are available again, theyre selling the same substandard ones with the plastic bleed screw as everyone else under the Hella Behr name... just a different part number.
SA Hella ones will be here on Friday I've just been told.
In the meantime, these are the best available ones we've found that fit and have the brass bleed screw instead of that crappy plastic one that you cant undo.

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/radiator-t ... -3611.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FPS as far as I'm aware dont stock Hella rads for a T3 they stock the Nissens ones... same as the alternative non SA ones Hella buy in.

Well....it turned up- behr hella, but made in China with crappy plastic bleed nipple :(

Just ordered the brickwerks 'next best'- and now the good ones are in Friday. Not having much luck :shock:
ej20 powered pre-runner