Panel van ply lining...?

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

William.smith
80-90 Mem No: 0

Panel van ply lining...?

Post by William.smith »

Is there anywhere that sells off the shelf super high quality machine cut ply or hardboard panels to line my panel van? Or am I going to have to put some more time aside and cut some myself?

Cheers!

Bowton Lad
80-90 Mem No: 2488

Re: Panel van ply lining...?

Post by Bowton Lad »

Just Kampers only appear to do a complete set of MDF panels for for a T25 Bus, ie. the lower interior panels. Previously, I thought that they did interior panels for the T25 panel van because they do for the T4.
BOWTON LAD, CLUB 80-90 MEMBER No.2488

2013 VW PASSAT ESTATE 2.OL TDI BLUE MOTION TECHNOLOGY

Hacksawbob
80-90 Mem No: 1168

Post by Hacksawbob »

mdf+moisture = wheatabix :)
member 1168

richlaz
80-90 Mem No: 10937

Post by richlaz »

I know it's only the lower half of the van... but...

I bought a full set of 3mm plywood panels from this chap on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T25-Transp ... 540wt_1153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same price as JK for a full set, but obviously plywood is much better than MDF - good grade wood too - very smooth with no horrible knots etc.

All the panels I've coated with some matt clear varnish (with a light sanding between each coat to ensure a nice smooth finish). They look great :D Can upload some pics if wanted :)
1984 1.9 DG Westfalia Sport Joker

Sally&Joe

Post by Sally&Joe »

Hi would love to know what you ended up doing as we're in the same situation, did you manage to find any? Thanks.
1985 converted transporter 1.9 diesel named Obi :)

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Simple way to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEQcjiLRYyo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

JonB
80-90 Mem No: 12941

Post by JonB »

Lining and carpeting a panel van you say....

Did mine last year. I used the vwheritage mdf panels which were ok and came with plenty of panel clips. I would've preferred ply panels but to be honest no idea why I didn't go with them at the time. As the panels are for campers you have to be creative with the upper sections where the windows go.

Put 2 rolls of wide Wickes Flash band to reduce panel rattle and also lined with the bubblewrap/foil insulation.

Carpeting the panel I used some 3mm foam (had it left over from a wood floor underlay) and got the carpet from Martrim in Sandbach along with 12 cans of their contact adhesive.

I got some additional plywood and filled in the rear window blank and carpeted the full side.

Due to the panel pack only coming up half height I made myself a full height ply panel for opposite the sliding door and added some aluminium bracket on the wood to stiffen it.

With the spare hardboard side panel I made an upper panel for the sliding door.
Viking Caravelle JX - Cheshire

Sally&Joe

Post by Sally&Joe »

Hi Jon, what insulation did you use and where did you get it from? It looks great, we Will be doing ours soon! Thanks.

JonB
80-90 Mem No: 12941

Post by JonB »

A few rolls of this;

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Thermal-Insulat ... m/p/210022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dead easy to do.
Viking Caravelle JX - Cheshire

Sally&Joe

Post by Sally&Joe »

Fab thanks, we ended up using the self adhesive stuff from Harrison trim supplies was so easy to use! Very sticky too no need for glue or tape!