Roberts Radio R303 help

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

lefty67
80-90 Mem No: 11783

Roberts Radio R303 help

Post by lefty67 »

hoping someone on the forum might know a little bit about these radios, need to know where I can get or alternatively what I can use as an external aerial? Its a lovely sounding crystal clear reception, perfect for the cricket but I can only get a few channels through the internal ferrite aerial.
cheers for any help :ok
1.9td AAZ

T25 - an adventure before dementia

jrt
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Re: Roberts Radio R303 help

Post by jrt »

I've used this guy before when i had some repairs done to a dansette record player, he has all sorts of stuff crammed in his shop, it's on the main rd in Sale. :ok
http://www.the-thompson-brown-family.co ... reless.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David
the future is unwritten

lefty67

Post by lefty67 »

jrt wrote:I've used this guy before when i had some repairs done to a dansette record player, he has all sorts of stuff crammed in his shop, it's on the main rd in Sale. :ok
http://www.the-thompson-brown-family.co ... reless.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David

Cheers jrt, will give them a ring on Monday :ok
1.9td AAZ

dansimpson
80-90 Mem No: 8552

Post by dansimpson »

Is that one of them mw/lw roberts? You aint going to get many stations on that one no matter what you do methinks. But a nice bit of retro kit.
1990 1.9dg tintop....back in the fold.....

lefty67

Post by lefty67 »

dansimpson wrote:Is that one of them mw/lw roberts? You aint going to get many stations on that one no matter what you do methinks. But a nice bit of retro kit.

thats the one Dan. Can get bbc5 live and bbc4 crystal clear and a couple of other stations but reception not brilliant but ok. I only really listen to 5 live, bbc4 and talksport anyway so thats ok. Ive also found out that i can run an aux cable through the headphone socket and turn it into a speaker.
it is a nice bit of kit in excellent condition but had to laugh because battery cost more than the radio :)
1.9td AAZ