Cheapest way to get bog standard wheels?

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bmouthboyo
80-90 Mem No: 9396

Cheapest way to get bog standard wheels?

Post by bmouthboyo »

Hello all,

I bought this camper 2 years ago and very slowly fixing her up. She had been stood still 5 years so almost 7 now off the road.

I had her towed a few months back to a new property and the company bought one of those vehicles which lift the front wheels and drag the van on the back. 10 minutes later the guy calls me saying the wheels were about to drop off and he was calling a flat bed :shock:

Now the wheels fitted seem to be Mercedes ones:

Now the tow guy said something about the studs not being right for the wheels? But I am not sure if it may have just been that they was not tightened up correctly as I was expecting a flat bed! They do look a little odd as you can see the stud through the end of the nut, and the alloy has semi circle divet where the bolt sits which almost looks DIY?

Can anyone shed some light here? I am happy to rid of these wheels as the tyres need replacing anyway

Alternatively what would be the cheapest way to source some standard wheels? I have looked on eBay but most are a fair distance. Would a scrapyard have suitable wheels? Are they specific to T25's?

Thanks
1983 Autosleeper Trooper - 1.8 Gti Conversion

fullsunian
80-90 Mem No: 5092

Re: Cheapest way to get bog standard wheels?

Post by fullsunian »

Hi matey! Stick a wanted add up, loads of folk got a set of original steels round the back of the shed :wink:
Mmm what's that strange smell from my exhaust...

weldore
80-90 Mem No: 5833

Re: Cheapest way to get bog standard wheels?

Post by weldore »

or even one from here one from there...check to see if you have the one underneath too

or get the right studs for them alloys if it aint knackered em
the word 'pissing' is safe

Dave and gail.....1983 Pop Top 1.9n/a diesel (aka Ready Steady Eddie)