Tyre pressure / Porsche alloys

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Wesley
80-90 Mem No: 0

Tyre pressure / Porsche alloys

Post by Wesley »

Hi all,

Strange one really - my van I have had for quite sometime now came with Porsche alloys (spacers are fitted to accommodate them).

Anyways I have relatively new tyres on them now - Hankook 205/55R16 94W on the front set & 225/50R16 96W on the rear set.

Van has been away for a year for welding work/ full re spray and the pressure has dropped in them. Trouble is I do not know what pressure to put them back to. Guy in local garage didn’t seem to clued up either!

Any ideas please ?

Cheers
Wesley

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Re: Tyre pressure / Porsche alloys

Post by kevtherev »

Put what VW recommends for your van.
The weight is the same.
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Thanks for the reply but surely certain tyres can only take a certain amount of weight or psi pressure? I don’t know but just want to make sure I do not over inflate them.
Thanks
Wesley

937carrera
80-90 Mem No: 16333

Post by 937carrera »

It's marked on the sidewalls - look at the load rating eg "94" or "106", there is a table to convert these into kg, max pressure is also on the sidewall, some wheels also have a max load on the inside edge of the rim too.

94 is 670kg load limit

Tyre pressure is there to support the vehicle, provide a good ride, stop the tyre being damaged by underinflation or overinflation and to present as "flat" face to the road surface. Once you move away from standard size and profile, you need to figure it out for yourself, see what works

Look in your owners manual - options are a Commercial tyre or 97 Extra Load radial tyre
1981 RHD 2.0 Aircooled Leisuredrive project, CU engine
1990 RHD 1.9 Auto Sleeper with DF/DG engine

Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Sounds like great advice thanks. Will look at tyres and work it all out. Hopefully it won’t be an issue as could do without laying out for new wheels & tyres currently.

Thanks again
Wesley