Bulldog adapters

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

vwaddict
80-90 Mem No: 0

Bulldog adapters

Post by vwaddict »

I was just wondering if anyone on here has used these bulldog adapters on their bus......& if they are anygood?
uploadfromtaptalk1481220028976.jpg
(84.47 KiB) Downloaded 472 times

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
1989 devon shuttlebus with reimo interior 1.6jx

JonB
80-90 Mem No: 12941

Re: Bulldog adapters

Post by JonB »

I've had these for a few years now and have been fine. You have to be careful to get the front ones on tight enough but something / someone pressing on the brake pedal resolves the issue. The other minor niggle is that there is no lip or way to locate the wheel on so takes a little longer to get bolt holes lined up. I didn't use the supplied bolts, instead I bought extra 2nd hand VW ones.
Viking Caravelle JX - Cheshire

vwaddict
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by vwaddict »

JonB wrote:I've had these for a few years now and have been fine. You have to be careful to get the front ones on tight enough but something / someone pressing on the brake pedal resolves the issue. The other minor niggle is that there is no lip or way to locate the wheel on so takes a little longer to get bolt holes lined up. I didn't use the supplied bolts, instead I bought extra 2nd hand VW ones.
Thanks for the reply, I've been trying to find out more info on them but I'm struggling tbh......
From the picture it looks like the threads are a steel insert, do you know how these are made? They look like there just pressed in...

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
1989 devon shuttlebus with reimo interior 1.6jx

mrhutch
80-90 Mem No: 2698

Post by mrhutch »

I wondered that,

ask them?
1981 Vanagon Westy Burning oil as fuel...  

JonB
80-90 Mem No: 12941

Post by JonB »

Ooh good question, it's been a while since taking a look. Definitely steel but no idea how the fit in, I do remember wondering that myself when I first ordered them....probably about 3 years ago.

As mentioned previously, only issue I've had is getting the fronts on tight enough and it being a bit of a pain lining the wheel up to the hub. Still pretty pleased with them considering what I paid and the alternatives available.
Viking Caravelle JX - Cheshire