Mercedes Steels

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Re: Mercedes Steels

Post by slowcoach »

Northfalia wrote:
slowcoach wrote:The 37et rears should fit fine. Mine are 16" 37et on the back with no mods. Fronts I don't know. I have 32et on the front, again 16" though. Hope that helps!

Hi correct me if I am wrong I have been considering buying the Mercedes 16 inch but through reading this thread I have conflicting info on ET "slowcoach the pics show clearly ET31" but you mention here they are ET32 and ET37 can you confirm the exact ET so I don't order wrong rims

Regards
Sorry yes, take the info from the photos I took at the time of the stamps on the rims, rather than my last post. It was a while back now!

Or you can come and have a look if you like, as we discussed you're pretty close!
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

Northfalia
80-90 Mem No: 15240

Post by Northfalia »

What a weekend we have had with the rain and floods we have just got the electricity back on after 13 hours :cry: I saw hebden on Facebook couldn't believe it! Hope you didn't get caught up.

Sounds like a plan to come and have a look, I can get a feel for the ride height and look they do look great in the photos...... :ok
79 westy joker pop top and 82 Westy high top

slowcoach

Post by slowcoach »

Northfalia wrote:What a weekend we have had with the rain and floods we have just got the electricity back on after 13 hours :cry: I saw hebden on Facebook couldn't believe it! Hope you didn't get caught up.

Sounds like a plan to come and have a look, I can get a feel for the ride height and look they do look great in the photos...... :ok
Hi again,
Yeah that'd be cool. I'm back at work from Monday, so daylight viewing hard after that! We're on flood cleanup still in the area, perhaps towards the end of the week. Pm me and we can sort it out :-)
===================

Northfalia
80-90 Mem No: 15240

Post by Northfalia »

Having a poke around on eBay looking for centres for my Mefro 16s steels came across these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321964125939

Any one know wether they will fit

8)
79 westy joker pop top and 82 Westy high top

slowcoach

Post by slowcoach »

Northfalia wrote:Having a poke around on eBay looking for centres for my Mefro 16s steels came across these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321964125939

Any one know wether they will fit

8)
No idea sorry. Van-cafe in the US sell some though. Bit expensive but nice. I've got some now, but they only fit on the rears with my 19mm nuts. The front bolts have a 17mm head and the cap doesn't locate properly :-\ I have a pal in new York so saved on the postage.

I have the nuts n bolts to fit the smaller ball seat on merc steels- just be aware you prob want the bigger 'nut seat' to fit those kind of caps ;-)
===================

slowcoach

Post by slowcoach »

Nearly 6 years on and my powder coated steels from the start of this thread have given way to the rat look :-( hoped they'd last longer really, don't know what's reasonable but nothing lasts forever hey. What do they powder coat cement mixing drums with??

So it's a project, one wheel off at a time and some spirited angle grinding with a wire wheel and flap disc. Then hand sanding, then rust treatment ('Fertan' sprayed from a plant bottle), rinsed, alcohol panelwipe and then a rattle can per wheel of paint. Then clear lacquer, then wax. It's not perfect and that won't last forever either. Does look a million times better though, but not pristine. Very very hard to get them perfectly smooth but I don't care really!

ImageImageImageImage
===================

fh9977
80-90 Mem No: 17112

Post by fh9977 »

Hi - can someone recommend 16'' merc steelies that will fit a syncro?
Currently I have Ronal Penta 15'' with BFG's 215 75 R15, but would like to go with 16'' stellies and 215 65 R16.
Thanks!

Oren Kipnis
80-90 Mem No: 17352

Post by Oren Kipnis »

My Syncro is fitted with Mercedes Benz wheels P/N  6394011602.
These came of a Vito, thus they are compatible with the weight.
No modifications or spacers needed, and they are mounted on big Audi front brakes.
The tyres are 215/70R16.Image
1990 ex. German Army Syncro, 3 knob, AFN, M469 fully converted to 16". Camper conversion by URO CAMPER in Seville.