i want to buy mercedes wheels

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

slowbus
80-90 Mem No: 3678

i want to buy mercedes wheels

Post by slowbus »

Hi i'm looking to buy a set of Mercedes S-class wheels. They are listed as 5x112 PCD (which i know is good) but the centre bore is listed as 66.6 where as the T25 IS 66 (I THINK), also there is no offset/ET listed on the sale
Any one have any experience of S-class wheels do you think they will fit my 2WD California?
Thanks again guys
John

jonno
80-90 Mem No: 2262

Re: i want to buy mercedes wheels

Post by jonno »

Hope this helps, pinched from the WIKI
Hub bore or Centre bore
The Hub bore or Centre bore is quite simply the central hole in the wheel. Contrary to popular belief this is only to position the wheel on the hub centrally (co-axially); it does not have anything to with keeping the wheel on the vehicle. If the hole is too small your centre cap/trim will not fit or, even worse, the wheel itself will not fit on the hub.
T25 Wheels have a Hub bore diameter of 66mm, Mercedes wheels have a 66.56mm centre bore. Other Audi/VW wheels have a 57.1mm centre bore.
Due to the large diameter of the VW T25’s front grease cap, a centre bore of at least 64mm is required; maybe even more if a centre cap is to be fitted.
Obviously, the Mercedes wheels will fit just fine but the Audi/VW wheels must have their centre bores enlarged in order to fit. It is recommended that the Audi/VW centre bore be opened up to the same inner diameter of the Mercedes wheels, 66.56mm, which gives good clearance for the grease cap.

Jonno
"Philosophers have only interpreted the world, the point is to change it"
Karl Marx

nij_p
80-90 Mem No: 8173

Post by nij_p »

Hi wanted to add my 2 cents (im in the states) you need to be more concerned about the offset. The bore is fine as the wheels are not hub centric. I am running amg e55 18" wheels on my bus kn the summer (no spacers needed) and merc 15s in the winter and have to run spacers. Let me know offset and i should be able to let you know.
1990 Vanagon GL _ Brunhilda (marked up as a Caravelle from new!) Just over 1/4 million miles, custom exhaust
1985 Vanagon GL - Josepha, blueprinted balanced 1.9 WBX and custom exhaust
1989 Wolfsburg (Bluestar) - Walpurga
1980 Aircooled - Glasmalerei

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

Only the coupe had wheels strong enough to take a camper weight imo
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

slowbus
80-90 Mem No: 3678

Post by slowbus »

Thanks guys.
Unfortunately I didn't get lucky with the Merc' wheels, so I'm still looking around. I have my eyes on a set of 15" Porsche rims, but once again I'm having to wait on the seller finding out the ET for me. I have 17" inch Porsche on at the moment with adaptors so I'm hopeful everything will be alright
Cheers

Jefferey
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Jefferey »

Hoping till now you would got a suitable answer if not then checkout http://www.usarim.com/mercedesbenz-c-6.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; hope it will help you a lot.

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Post by AdrianC »

kevtherev wrote:Only the coupe had wheels strong enough to take a camper weight imo
A quick google-at-random suggests that a mid-90s W140 S-class not only has a higher kerb weight than all bar the very heaviest camper conversions, but also has a higher GVW higher than that of a T25. And that's before you start to consider the difference in loading imposed on those wheels by a vehicle designed to cruise at autobahn altitude.
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

California Dreamin
80-90 Mem No: 8386

Post by California Dreamin »

Yes indeed....I was a Mercedes technician from 88 - 92 and the 'S' class was the big ass top of the Mercedes car range, heavy Saloon/Coupe and was fitted with anything upto and including the 300bhp+ 5.6litre V8.
On occasion we would even see the streached 'Pullman' style 'S' classes coming through (the type the Arabian Shak's favoured) still on the very same wheels.
Trust me...the wheels are heavy enough for a 105bhp 2.1 DJ Transporter.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

Cruz
80-90 Mem No: 2092

Post by Cruz »

I fitted good condition 16" alloys from a W211 E class that I got for a bargain ebay misspelling price of £150 with nearly new 225/55 99 rated tyres 8)

ET42 7.5j wide

Rizzo The Rat

Post by Rizzo The Rat »

Hi, thought I'd resurrect this thread :oops:
When I had my Passat, I had Mercedes wheels on it and used spigot rings. I no longer have the Passat or the spigot rings but I do have the alloys and would like to put them on my T25; am I right in thinking the t25 doesn't need spigot rings to use Merc rims?

California Dreamin
80-90 Mem No: 8386

Post by California Dreamin »

Type?
Model?
PCD?
Offset?
Load rating?
Centre bore diameter?
Wheel bolt hole size?

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

Titus A Duxass
80-90 Mem No: 4475

Post by Titus A Duxass »

^^^^WHS^^^^

Our balls are hairy not crystal.
VW T3 GTi Camper 2,0l

Rizzo The Rat

Post by Rizzo The Rat »

Ah, sorry. From what was said above, I thought all Mercedes wheels had the same size centre bore and T25s had the same size centres.

It's a 1990 Transporter 1913cc petrol panel van wheels are 5x112 with an ET of 30 :D

AdrianC
80-90 Mem No: 9144

Post by AdrianC »

Coming from an E-class, I don't think load rating'll be an issue - a quick google finds kerb weights for W211s up to ~2t, about the same as a full-fat camper, so GVW won't be dissimilar.
A year and a half living in a Westy hightop... http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rizzo The Rat

Post by Rizzo The Rat »

Thanks, do I need spigot rings though? I noticed the steel wheels sat on the wheel studs and not on the centre of the hub so hoping these will be the same? That said, I just drove it briefly and had a wobbly wheel though looks like I may have forgotten to tighten the nuts up on that wheel as the studs on the other wheels were all ok. Fingers crossed. Will take it for a longer drive later/tomorrow (revision permitting) and see if they stay good but really want to get the spigots ordered as soon as possible if it needs them. If so, what size would I need as the front hubs are bigger than the rear hubs (I remember I had to get the front 2 Ford Granada wheels bored out to fit on whereas the rears were fine? Thanks :ok