Van Covers

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Van Covers

Post by kentishvanman »

I wish to purchase a new cover for my high top. One of those £100 [approx] jobs. The last one did me for 5/6 years but now has a few holes.
Do not wish to wrap the whole van up so I cut off the bottom half about 4" below the gutter and use bungee hooks to secure. Works a treat and great help when windows are out for rust treatment.  Clip some polythene to the gutter, which is under the cover, and masking tape it at the bottom edge.
Anyway my thought is that a standard cover, non high top cover would do and I would just have less to cut off. Bit cheaper as well. Am I missing something?  None of the sellers will commit themselves as to whether it will fit.
Anyone any thoughts?

1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG

shepster
80-90 Mem No: 1342

Re: Van Covers

Post by shepster »

Can't see why not, no high tops are any longer or wider than a standard van are they?
2.1 DJ running on carb and LPG.

kentishvanman

Post by kentishvanman »

shepster wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 07:28 Can't see why not, no high tops are any longer or wider than a standard van are they?

Exactly my thoughts.
Problem solved. Just on my way to pick  up a used high top one, used once, from someone who is 30 mins away.
Don't know why manufacturers do not make them. I don't fancy wrapping up the whole van between trips but a top cover works a treat.

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Post by maxstu »

What a good idea, Don. Ive got one covering a sofa inside a shipping container in Swanley. :roll:
I used a JK cover on first pop top Bilbo camper and it was excellent. All kinds of access zips on it.
No reason why it wont slip over a high top. Consider folding excess under and back up then use some doublesided tape to hold in place.
Post a piccy, matey!
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
"Blissfully happy in your presence".

kentishvanman

Post by kentishvanman »

maxstu wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 06:44 What a good idea, Don. Ive got one covering a sofa inside a shipping container in Swanley. :roll:
I used a JK cover on first pop top Bilbo camper and it was excellent. All kinds of access zips on it.
No reason why it wont slip over a high top. Consider folding excess under and back up then use some doublesided tape to hold in place.
Post a piccy, matey!

That is where I went to collect..Swanley.
Tried folding excess up the 'inside' but too much excess makes it unwieldy and difficult to put on and off easily. Anything to make life easier these days. Don't have the patience that I had when I was younger.
Will post a piccy.

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Post by maxstu »

:ok :ok
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
"Blissfully happy in your presence".