Roof gas struts - Autohomes conversion Kamper Caravelle

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

RosieLee
80-90 Mem No: 17287

Roof gas struts - Autohomes conversion Kamper Caravelle

Post by RosieLee »

Hi all,
Can anyone offer a serial number for gas struts replacement on an Autohomes conversion T25 Kamper Caravelle 1986 model? I have measured them as 110cm fully extended, or 66cm closed, and 10cm diameter with an eyelet attachment. I've contacted SGS Engineering who have an Autohomes gas strut in their catalog, but the roof doesn't look like mine it doesn't even look like a pop-up roof, so they cannot be sure what I am after with my measurements alone. I included a picture of a logo printed on the struts, it has W Germany stamped on it, and no serial number. I had the roof replaced on my van 11 years ago, the struts were reconditioned. I could show you the pic of the strut printed stamp, but I don't know how to upload it. I can't open the roof alone as one of the struts has fully gone, and help isn't available for a while, or else I would take one off to send away. If anyone can help, it would be really helpful, thank you.
This video shows a van like mine having struts replaced, but no details of the struts used that were purchased from SGS are mentioned.
https://campervanculture.com/2013/05/vw-t25-autohomes-pop-top-gas-strut-replacement/

Big thanks for reading.

SGS strut catolog advert:
https://www.sgs-engineering.com/gsc2429 ... roof-strut

colinthefox
80-90 Mem No: 16447

Re: Roof gas struts - Autohomes conversion Kamper Caravelle

Post by colinthefox »

I got mine from Alrose Products Peterborough in 2003. They are still trading, and the struts are still working OK.

The spec was G14 28 350 1100V A27/A27 330N. Worked for me, but I can't guarantee yours would be exactly the same.

Online or 01778 560228
1.9D (AEF) pop-top. Aaaaahhhhh........that's better.

colinthefox
80-90 Mem No: 16447

Post by colinthefox »

Moderators/admin. It would probably be just as well to put this in the WIKI.
1.9D (AEF) pop-top. Aaaaahhhhh........that's better.

nicktennear
80-90 Mem No: 8931

Post by nicktennear »

1983 Reg 1.9 DF, mostly Devon. Wave on your way past.