Gutter bars with Fiamma awning

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Toneddie
80-90 Mem No: 0

Gutter bars with Fiamma awning

Post by Toneddie »

Hi, I have a tintop Brick. Has anyone else had problems fitting gutter bars when they have a fiamma awning fitted or similar? I find the gutter bar mounts cannot fit behind the awning on the ones I purchased. Would be interested to know what system people use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffRoo
80-90 Mem No: 15579

Re: Gutter bars with Fiamma awning

Post by JeffRoo »

I have the arb awning with thule gutter bars, I find I can fit the bars as long as I totally remove the bars tightening mech. This allows it to fit between the gap of the awning and the roof. Once through it’s a simple case of refitting the mechanism and tightening up. I know it’s not a fiamma as your is, so might not be too much help?
84 Caravelle 1.9DG

Toneddie
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Toneddie »

JeffRoo wrote:I have the arb awning with thule gutter bars, I find I can fit the bars as long as I totally remove the bars tightening mech. This allows it to fit between the gap of the awning and the roof. Once through it’s a simple case of refitting the mechanism and tightening up. I know it’s not a fiamma as your is, so might not be too much help?
Thanks JeffRoo - i bought bigger van bars and the gutter racks is larger- may look at Thule ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickcorr
80-90 Mem No: 2984

Post by mickcorr »

This thread may be of interest to you..................

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=163115&p=8207258#p8207258

I eventually went with a Fiamma fix/bodge system that clamps on to the roof bars thus raising the awning shell about 20cm above the gutters.

Cheers,

Mick.

1989 LHD 1.9 DG WBX Multivan TinTop
1990 1.9 DG WBX Autosleeper Trident