Holdsworth Villa 2 Interior

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

daicox73
80-90 Mem No: 13288

Holdsworth Villa 2 Interior

Post by daicox73 »

Hi all,

After 6 years of ownership we have finally got enough money to give some love to our 1986 Holdsworth Villa 2 high top.

I would like your thoughts on interior. 

We have for a while wanted to change to a full width back seat and bed which will need some remodelling of the interior and at the same time get rid of things we don't use (fridge, sink & water storage).
Option 1 - Remove Holdsworth interior and start again with a new kitchen pod and rock and roll bed. Is there a market for old Holdsworth interiors?
Option 2 - adapt existing interior (not sure if possible) to fit full width bed.

Are both these options sacrilege to the integrity of our lovely old van? Has anyone else had a similar dilemma? 

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Dai

QuickBrownFox
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Holdsworth Villa 2 Interior

Post by QuickBrownFox »

Hi. I have a holdsworth vision and am thinking of replacing interior with full width rock and roll bed. The vision doesn't even have a r&r bed to start with. I have nothing to add to your post unfortunately only to say I wish you well and please let me know if you do make the change.

I need to make mine 4 berth now (introduce a roof bed for 2 young children) and to also get 2 proper seat belts in the back. As such all the cupboard space and inbuilt kitchen sink area doesn't need to take up as much space. I also like the idea of being able to cook inside or out so I'll probably switch over to a hob that isn't fixed in situe but a regular camping stove.

So I'm thinking full width rnr. New proper belts. Small kitchen pod and make storage where you have space.

I saw a holdsworth villa 3 (I think) interior go for 300 the other week on ebay. Better than the skip

Best regards

Andrew
That would be an ecumenical matter

1986 Holdsworth Vision High Top. 1.9DG.

TONYT25T25
80-90 Mem No: 13596

Post by TONYT25T25 »

Mine is a Devon conversion and was installed years ago and before I bought it.  Solid but heavy material used, so I would suggest a lighter interior but hard waring as would make the van lighter. I have a fully fitted gas grill and 2 hob burners, all working but never used as it gets to hot inside, ok for autumn or winter use I suppose. I just use a one portable hob burner for cooking now or an electric one when hooked up.  As for your fridge even if not used, could be left in place and used for storing tins and other camping stuff, then if you change your mine it could be used as a fridge again. I like the sink and water container in mine which has a pump and if anything, is useful for topping up the kettle.  Just saying before you start ditching and refurbishing think about what you already have and could be adapted. 

:ok
1984 Campervan 1.9DG Petrol WBX

QuickBrownFox

Post by QuickBrownFox »

Some good tips there thanks. My wife and I love the vision layout but most people don't. It's just 2 berth and not suitable for rear seat belts. We will definitely miss being able to partition off the lounge to use the portaloo ha and to be able to cook breakfast or make a brew without waking the other one up but times and necessities change.

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

If you decide to remake your interior, I suggest you look at using Vhoringer ply. It's not cheap but it's very lightweight.
Some info https://www.keycampers.co.uk/vohringer/
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

QuickBrownFox

Post by QuickBrownFox »

I was thinking storage over the cab. A small kitchen pod and maybe some storage under the bed and thats it. Its probably amounts to swearing on this forum but I watched a video of a guy whod build a small kitchen pod for his bongo, it wasn't fancy but provided the necessary. I think for such a small build the tightest of purses could stretch to vhoinger.

I mean storage wise, if you don't rely on big gas bottles and you have your water in a tank under the van what do you really need to store. Mines got a cupboard for hanging clothes. Lovely idea but not essential. Id probably change my fridge out for something more compact that doesn't run on calor but I'd try to reuse the electrics and water pump.

I think I am being a little innocent about how much storage I'd need with 2 kids under 2

It also happens to be a little rusty at the mo so priorities is sorting out the bodywork.

daicox73
80-90 Mem No: 13288

Post by daicox73 »

QuickBrownFox wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 19:41 Hi. I have a holdsworth vision and am thinking of replacing interior with full width rock and roll bed. The vision doesn't even have a r&r bed to start with. I have nothing to add to your post unfortunately only to say I wish you well and please let me know if you do make the change.

I need to make mine 4 berth now (introduce a roof bed for 2 young children) and to also get 2 proper seat belts in the back. As such all the cupboard space and inbuilt kitchen sink area doesn't need to take up as much space. I also like the idea of being able to cook inside or out so I'll probably switch over to a hob that isn't fixed in situe but a regular camping stove.

So I'm thinking full width rnr. New proper belts. Small kitchen pod and make storage where you have space.

I saw a holdsworth villa 3 (I think) interior go for 300 the other week on ebay. Better than the skip

Best regards

Andrew

We got one of these when our second came along and works really well in the cab. 
Cab bed

QuickBrownFox

Post by QuickBrownFox »

They look good diacox73. Cheers