T25 internal lights and water pump. Zig unit

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Hollyed
80-90 Mem No: 0

T25 internal lights and water pump. Zig unit

Post by Hollyed »

First time on forum, hope you guys can put some light on my subject. My zig unit has no indication on that it's working as my lights and water pump have stopped working, I have a 25amp 12v relay switch under the drivers seat and also a 70amp 12v relay were the leisure battery used to be under the passenger seat, the leisure battery is now under the rear seats and has a full charge, all help will be much appreciated thanks

TONYT25T25
80-90 Mem No: 13596

Re: T25 internal lights and water pump. Zig unit

Post by TONYT25T25 »

Did they used to work before,  My zig unit shows a light for the water pump and fridge if using 12v.  The relays could be remnants of a dual charge system for the batteries.  The internal lights on mine are fed from the Leisure battery via a fused connection.  What type of ZIG do you have fitted, also what type of van and engine would also be useful.  A few images of items can be uploaded as follows.

1984 Campervan 1.9DG Petrol WBX

Hollyed

Post by Hollyed »

Van is a 1.9 petrol 1985 transporter, and the zig unit is a cp400ImageImageImage

TONYT25T25
80-90 Mem No: 13596

Post by TONYT25T25 »

Not familiar with that unit, but all is available on line or via the WIKI.  One of the relays may be for split charging the batteries, the other for the fridge whilst the engine is running, but only guessing.  If your vehicle came with some documentation this may help, otherwise you are going to have to track where the wiring from the relays lead to yourself.  Also worth checking the fuses in the panel.  Guess you have a multimeter for this and other checks.  Worth documenting your finding for future refs. You mentioned that you moved the leisure battery did it have any connections in its prior location, and what is connected to it now.  Happy hunting.
1984 Campervan 1.9DG Petrol WBX

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Post by maxstu »

Have you tested the fuses in the zig unit. Its the same as the one in my camper Leisuredrive. Switch on left hand sided to car. Then it should illuminate. From there three rocker switched for pump, lights and an auxiliary. No battery charger though!
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
"Blissfully happy in your presence".

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

There are two battery condition LEDs, if lit up then I  would expect that the ZIG distribution panel is receiving voltage so it may be the fuses or an other issue from the Zig to the lights and water pump.   If the LEDs are not lit up then the problem must be the feed to the zig i which case you need to trace the wiring back to the battery and any in line relays, fuses, etc.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

Hollyed

Post by Hollyed »

Replies to questions from previous post, yes the lights and pump have only just stopped working and the zig unit indication lights have stopped aswell , also the battery was in the position under the rear seat when I purchased the van so I have not moved anything, I.ll have a good search and try a d trace the cables back to the leisure battery, I do have 1 more question ever since I purchased the van I have a lose red wire coming from the fridge going nowhere but I've noticed on the relay under the driver seat that there is a blue spade connection without a wire connected to it, would this be were the red wire connects to you can see the blue spade connector on the photo I've uploaded previously the one with the green relay switch, thanks for all the help
Regards

andyboll1

Post by andyboll1 »

I have the same problem. When I switch the CP400 into "van" mode no indication lights come on, water pump and lights don't work. However, when switching to "car" they all work - so presuming the van battery is all hooked up. 

I have checked the leisure battery with a multimeter and get a reading of around 12V with the van ignition switched off. When I switch the van on then I get a reading of around 13.4V - so I know the relay is working and charging up the leisure battery. 

Could the issue be that one of the fuses have blown, or is it the fact that the leisure battery isn't hooked up to the Zig unit in some way?

Did you ever get to the bottom of the issue?
1989 1.9dg wbx

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

The CP400 is only a switch panel, nothing more , normally it is only connected to the leisure battery and the fuses are only on the output of the switches , there is normally no fuse for the input from the leisure battery . Any split charging will be separate from the zip panel and likely not fused nor switchable .
The led indicators are about as much use as a chocolate firegaurd as it wont go red until the battery is in a useless state
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

andyboll1

Post by andyboll1 »

The manual I have seems to state that you can select the van battery or the leisure battery in van or car mode to switch between the 2?
Last edited by andyboll1 on 15 Jul 2023, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
1989 1.9dg wbx

Stesaw
80-90 Mem No: 17004

Post by Stesaw »

Mocki wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 22:41 The CP400 is only a switch panel, nothing more , normally it is only connected to the leisure battery and the fuses are only on the output of the switches , there is normally no fuse for the input from the leisure battery . Any split charging will be separate from the zip panel and likely not fused nor switchable .
The led indicators are about as much use as a chocolate firegaurd as it wont go red until the battery is in a useless state

This. I have this panel on our van. It just has a feed to the leisure battery. When the switch is pressed to van then all the leisure stuff comes on. Worth checking the three fuses on the panel to the right for starters if you haven't already.

Failing that, you'll have to investigate more. Maybe wires have come off the back or it's a ground fault perhaps.
1985 LeisureDrive 2.1DJ 5 Speed syncro conversion project.
1979 LT 2.0CH Westy project

andyboll1

Post by andyboll1 »

So all the leisure things like lights and water pump only come on when I put it into car mode which I assume is using the vans battery and not the leisure battery? When I select van then nothing works.

I only inherited the camper on Tuesday so I'm very new to all this!
1989 1.9dg wbx

Mocki
Membership Admin

Post by Mocki »

There is actually only way to answer this, bearing in mind the va has had previous owners … switch the lights on, see they work, and then disconnect the leisure battery , if they go off , then thats where the power is coming from, if not ……….

My bet is yes , just the leisure battery ….
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

andyboll1

Post by andyboll1 »

Just disconnected the leisure battery and yes you are right. Its what is powering the lights. However in order to get the pump working I need to have the immobiliser key in the main battery and switched on. Any idea why that is?Image
1989 1.9dg wbx

Mocki
Membership Admin

Post by Mocki »

Well, either the pump is wired to the main battery , ( does the pump work when the leisure is disconnected ) or the pump is using the neg from the main battery which is what you are switching off?
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀