Working on the van on a wet day

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Gixerman60
80-90 Mem No: 0

Working on the van on a wet day

Post by Gixerman60 »

Refitting interior of my ‘86 conversion. Had a great idea. Put up the awning soo can have some dry space to work in outside the van. Not used the awning much. ARB bought about 4 years From Campervan Culture. Well, after the initial problems with brackets that were wrong and I had to re-engineer them, thought today is why I bought it. How wrong can you be? Rain either collects against the van, if you empty it with a stick it goes into the van, or pitch it sloping away and a puddle forms alongside the rail. Waste of £400😥. Plus Just Kampers sliding window the other side still leaks, into my newly fitted interior. A waste of £240 plus fitting. Jk refused to reimburse as fitted to a conversion☹️

TONYT25T25
80-90 Mem No: 13596

Re: Working on the van on a wet day

Post by TONYT25T25 »

Not my Camper but I had to change the thermostat housing on my Focus, bonnet up and half way through and it started to pour down.  Had a large garden parasol in the Garage so got that out with the cast iron base and fitted ideally over the bonnet and me.
1984 Campervan 1.9DG Petrol WBX

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Working on the van on a wet day

Post by Mocki »

You do realise that ( well at least with the genuine fiamma ) that you put up one leg shorter that the other when it’s raining so the water runs off at the lower end and doesn’t pool on the top ? 
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper