First time camper owner!

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Will89
80-90 Mem No: 17335

Re: First time camper owner!

Post by Will89 »

I haven't updated this thread in so long so I thought I'd post a update. Flo's had a load of work done...

1. The captain seats have been re-upholstered by Lallaway auto upholstery. We're really chuffed

2. The engines had a full service and the coolant system has had a full overhaul; We had new coolant pipes and a uprated radiator fitted, all courtesy of Peter at Dubs on the Fritz. 
Old pipes and radiator:

New pipes and radiator:

3. New leisure battery and 12v lighting system installed:
Old:
New:

The bad news is we’ve identified a oil leak from the sump plug. Someone has threaded it before and tried to repair it with a helicoil which hasn’t quite gone in straight! Seems like we’ll forever have a oil leak here unless we want the engine out. We’ll be keeping an even closer eye on the oil levels from now on.

St Albans, Hertfordshire. 1984 'A' Reg T25 Pop-Top: 1.9 DG, 4-Speed manual.

TONYT25T25
80-90 Mem No: 13596

Post by TONYT25T25 »

Nice refit, ref the oil sump leak, have you thought of using maybe nylon washers to see if they can seal the leak, better than loosing oil and maybe having an MOT issue.
1984 Campervan 1.9DG Petrol WBX

Siobhan
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Siobhan »

Hi Will

I just got an A reg pop top like you! How have you been getting on with the work. Ibought mine cheap but have spent a lot getting her restored and she still has lots of rust bits,.

Siobhan

Post by Siobhan »

Sorry Will - didn't see all your pics of the work. I find it hard to navigate this site! Great work.

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Post by maxstu »

Good luck with the camper. Yet deffo not a Bilbos. They tend to be two thirds the length of roof with a separate pod and roof rack over cab area. Does it have windows in the plastic material?

MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
"Blissfully happy in your presence".

Itsblue

Post by Itsblue »

The roof looks very much like mine I’ll post up a pic , mine was originally a Danbury Auto roof , not so Auto anymore! But your hinges look smaller than what’s on mine Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aircooled 2.0cu 1982 Danbury Autoroof , not so Auto anymore