Westfalia Mosaik dimensions or pictures

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Re: Westfalia Mosaik dimensions or pictures

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

The flue is still used on electric. How are you going to heat the boiler on yours then if you are changing it from the manufacturers specifications?
It is not the ability to vent entirely it is the condensation will run back down to the boiler and below causing corrosion and faulty working.
You are missing the purpose and not following the operation of the various components of a 3 way absorption fridge.

1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

Rascal
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Rascal »

I'm not altering anything from the manufacturers specifications?? Its fitted with a flexi pipe from standard just because it can run on gas does not mean I have to. Even your carefully highlighted section says its "not advised" yet you say "not permitted" it also fails to mention any dimensions of said flue and about cutting it down. Its not even the topic of this post I appreciate all inputs hence why I posted on the forum and have found everything very helpful so I'd appreciate staying on topic thanks

Oldiebut goodie

Safety is part of the topic surely when you yourself talk about making unsafe alterations like lengthening a flue.
The length is mentioned in other documentation, I am not going to search it all out and post it for you, you can shorten it but not lengthen it.You are altering it by making it longer.
Go ahead, do what you want, you obviously know better than the manufacturer.This is why people buy a van and hidden bodges like this cause them grief. Think about what you have been informed, read the installation and maintenance literature.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

Rascal
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Rascal »

You seem hugely offended by someone asking questions. Have you bought a bodged van and suffered?? I have not mentioned making any unsafe alterations.. I merely mentioned using a flexi hose on the flue that was fitted from factory with a flexi flue. Its merely the path it takes not the length that's beeing altered. I have not asked you to research the length of said flue for me you took it upon yourself to educate me when I never even asked the question. You have informed me and I have responded thankfully need I repeat I am not extending the flue?? Merely redirecting it I.e not in a straight line. As Iv previously mentioned I respect the members on this forum.. One even worked out where I live based on a new vehicle on a drive and introduced himself to me.. I hope you have a better experience with your t-cross than you did with your caravelle
Thanks

Oldiebut goodie

Rascal wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 12:52 Thanks for the response. But the extension would be less than 5cm.. Its more to do with the fixed angle that the original runs as opposed to length.. Also I never intend to run it on gas. So it's all a bit academic.

Enough said!
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶