Awning Fitting

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

TONYT25T25
80-90 Mem No: 13596

Awning Fitting

Post by TONYT25T25 »

Ever since owning my camper I have never been able to fix the awning that came with it properly, I have a side full elevating roof, and the awning that came with it is a full type with a hood which attaches to the rail via plastic figure of 8 pieces these never remain in place and just pull off, I cannot angle them down as then the sliding door snags on the canvas hood/canopy.  The awning is a heavy duty one which is both waterproof and in good condition.  The poles are alloy which can be extended and then secured with a screw in bolts. I would say it is a drive away awning as it has both inner and outer zip openings.  Would like to take advantage of its full use so any ideas welcome.  
1984 Campervan 1.9DG Petrol WBX

Jim San
80-90 Mem No: 13133

Re: Awning Fitting

Post by Jim San »

Have you looked at the pole and clamp method.
There are awning rails you can buy like a J or C channel, i have seen sections of this mounted on the roof under the pop roof.
1991 (LHD) Syncro kombi 1.9MTDi 1Z (Landy fuel pump) 215/70/16
Life's to short to drink s@@t beer.
'Roads? We don't need roads where we're going'

TONYT25T25
80-90 Mem No: 13596

Re: Awning Fitting

Post by TONYT25T25 »

Thanks I will take a look, only started using the awning again due to sites I visit now not having WC etc facilities so need to be a bit more flexible on what I take.  I may just not bother with the flap that extends from the main tent using the figure of eight pieces and secure it as is just using pegs.
1984 Campervan 1.9DG Petrol WBX