Chinese diesel heater

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dogbreath100
80-90 Mem No: 6251

Re: Chinese diesel heater

Post by dogbreath100 »

Sorry , no pictures  . Put the heater under the bed with the pump outside , diesel comes straight from the tank . 
Handy enough to do 
1984 1.9 diesel1y

JonB
80-90 Mem No: 12941

Post by JonB »

Jed did a useful youtube for an eber install a few years ago which I followed.

https://youtu.be/7RpFZ3vpIs4
Viking Caravelle JX - Cheshire

lowtimeppl
80-90 Mem No: 13529

Post by lowtimeppl »

I've finished installing one of these today on my 1981 air-cooled camper. It had a 'Remotron' unit (seems to be made by Volvo way back when) installed in the space behind the radiator grille, with a feed from the gas via a manifold under the sink. This didn't not want to work, is well rusty, and is 40 years old now. I don't know when it was last serviced.

I got this 2kW kit for Xmas 2019 and never got around to it; finally did during lockdown Sunday boredom. 

Wired direct to the leisure battery under the passenger seat (must add interruptor switch and replace the 12v wires as they seem a bit thin for the length. And I used some better clamps.

Also, I mades sure I added paste to the exhaust joins; extended the exhaust so it exits just ahead of the passenger side wheel arch, and wrapped the exhaust in heat tape because it runs a bit close to the spare tyre for my liking.

I used the existing footwell outlet from the old install but I'm going to splice the outlet into the bus's own ventilation system so I can direct it a the screen or into the footwells & exit at the back of the floor. No danger of the warm air blowing back toward the engine.

The supplied fuel tank is way too big and I didn't want the stink of diesel in the cab, so I bought a 2.5L tank (Ebay cheap) and put that behind the grille as well...hey, I'll just pop the grill off to chuck in some diesel as and when.

I took some pics, if anyone wants to see them.

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

We always want to see pictures.
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »