External water tank/pump

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

100leelee
80-90 Mem No: 15962

External water tank/pump

Post by 100leelee »

Hi,
Am just finishing off the refit of the van.
Last thing is to fit a gas locker..
Seems the best, and only place for this to fit in the newly installed units, is where the fresh water container sits..
Having had a caravan ( sorry I swore) for many years does anyone have a good reason why the pump cannot fall through an access hole in the van floor ( not wishing to cut holes in many new panels!) and then into a container sat outside the van, as it is on the majority of caravans?
An underslung tank is another option I guess as well..
Any advice, as usual, appreciated!!
Cheers

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: External water tank/pump

Post by Mocki »

A underslung tank is your answer , unless you like faffing about with the rolling water ceremony every camp ?
Takes up no storage and you don’t need to mess with it , and you don’t need to hide it inside when traveling

Actually all the above goes for gas too .... underfloor tank , opposite side
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

100leelee

Post by 100leelee »

Mocki wrote:A underslung tank is your answer , unless you like faffing about with the rolling water ceremony every camp ?
Takes up no storage and you don’t need to mess with it , and you don’t need to hide it inside when traveling

Actually all the above goes for gas too .... underfloor tank , opposite side

Thanks
I probably know the underslung tank is the best option, but how to fill it? I really don’t fancy the idea of cutting holes in new panels and paint...
True, could add a second lpg tank.... where do you stop??!!

Mocki
Membership Admin

Post by Mocki »

The obvious place for the water filler is the opposite to the fuel filler on a 2wd , but alternatives are available, you could fill from a external filler , ive seen it before , I’ve also seen water fillers in the …B" pillar void only accessible when the front door is open .

As for lpg , the westy style underfloor tank is a no brainier , the price of the tank is easily recouped in a couple of years by the much cheaper gas .... £5.00 for 10litres verses £42or more in bottled gas for the same amount
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

100leelee

Post by 100leelee »

Mocki wrote:The obvious place for the water filler is the opposite to the fuel filler on a 2wd , but alternatives are available, you could fill from a external filler , ive seen it before , I’ve also seen water fillers in the …B" pillar void only accessible when the front door is open .

As for lpg , the westy style underfloor tank is a no brainier , the price of the tank is easily recouped in a couple of years by the much cheaper gas .... £5.00 for 10litres verses £42or more in bottled gas for the same amount

Cheers
Will take a look at the gas option..
Already have one lpg tank on board, may as well double up!!

I like the sound of an external of b post filler...

Phillydra
80-90 Mem No: 17194

Post by Phillydra »

100leelee wrote:
Mocki wrote:The obvious place for the water filler is the opposite to the fuel filler on a 2wd , but alternatives are available, you could fill from a external filler , ive seen it before , I’ve also seen water fillers in the …B" pillar void only accessible when the front door is open .

Cheers
Will take a look at the gas option..
Already have one lpg tank on board, may as well double up!!

I like the sound of an external of b post filler...

Just been into my local shell and the LPG has been cut off the guy behind the till told me Shell are removing the lpg pumps for electric, not good news seeing as there are not many round my way ,

I’d hold off on the second tank !!

jas915
80-90 Mem No: 6242

Post by jas915 »

Yeah shell are basically getting rid of all lpg over the next year is my understanding. Definitely getting harder to get. Dundee used to have 3 places, asda, shell and an independent place. Only the independent place sells it now[DISAPPOINTED BUT RELIEVED FACE]. Glad I ve broken even on my refillable setup now so anything from here on in is a bonus.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Grey/white high top, AAZ.

Phillydra

Post by Phillydra »

Only just got my van with it on ! Hopefully some places continue to sell it

100leelee

Post by 100leelee »

We are lucky around here, local BP still has it, plus Morrison’s..
I did see that you can now buy all Dacia as Bi-fuel, not suggesting you buy a Dacia, but shows manufacturers are at least considering alternative fuels.. but yes the filling stations are disappearing...

Mocki
Membership Admin

Post by Mocki »

Yet our local shell just spent millions rebuilding a site and had new pumps and tank.
It’s the ones that don’t sell enough to be viable that a loosing it, not all of them
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

Phillydra

Post by Phillydra »

Mocki wrote:Yet our local shell just spent millions rebuilding a site and had new pumps and tank.
It’s the ones that don’t sell enough to be viable that a loosing it, not all of them

Morrisons Ipswich will be getting all of my business now.