Looking for a very good portable twin gas hob

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

z3i
80-90 Mem No: 0

Looking for a very good portable twin gas hob

Post by z3i »

Hello
Thought I would post on here as I am having trouble finding a decent gas hob for my camper. Its currently a bare shell. I am looking for a twin gas hob that I can disconnect (I will make a gas shut off valve and an extension for the gas) so I can cook outside. I plan to go travelling and live in my camper so I am wanting something good. All I can find is cheapy ones that look like a light breeze would ruin them or hob cooker combo's that are enormous.

thanks in advance
Taylor

LeeME3
80-90 Mem No: 11225

Re: Looking for a very good portable twin gas hob

Post by LeeME3 »

Maybe go for a compact built-in twin gas hob to be built permanently into the van and a quality outside cooking solution like a cadac? That's what I have and it works well and is less hassle than moving stuff around all the time. Granted takes up a touch more space to carry the cadac but hardly any as it packs away very cleverly - and I can do pizza on it which keeps the kids happy! Also if the hob has a tempered glass fold down lid you gain some very useful food prep / worktop space!

I have a gas take off from my main bottle so the cadac just plugs into that - no faffing around moving the bottle outside then.

Yes the cadac is only one ring but I find that plus the hob in the van more than enough - and you can chuck a load of stuff in together in the cadac pots.

A couple of links:

https://www.jacksonsleisure.com/caravan ... bbage-hob/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.bbqworld.co.uk/cadac/cadac- ... essure.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1986 1.9DG WBX LPG, 4 spd manual. Westy poptop. Renogy lithium leisure. 175W solar. CR50 fridge. Propex. RX8 seats.