Roof Tents and Roof Racks

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Weem Machine
80-90 Mem No: 15698

Roof Tents and Roof Racks

Post by Weem Machine »

Howdy folks!

Looking for some reviews and feedback about roof tents and racks to be used on my tintop Syncro.
What makes are best, which rack etc.......

I've seen a few about and really like the Eazi Awn tents and quite fancy an expedition type rack to fit the tent and also store some other vital travelling equipment.

Thanks in advance, Gordon.

Weem Machine
80-90 Mem No: 15698

Re: Roof Tents and Roof Racks

Post by Weem Machine »

Amliy wrote:I think you go to the Langria store at amazon, maybe you'll find what you want! :P :D

Spot on, a plethora of tidy racks to be perussed at my lesuire!!

Thanks for the top tip! X

smokeyjon
80-90 Mem No: 2287

Post by smokeyjon »

Hi weem machine. I'm having similar thoughts as family is juste about to outgrow our tintop Syncro and already have a full length steel rack fitted. I can't find langria store what am I doing wrong?

I quite fancy something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/CANOPY-TENT-CA ... =Roof+tent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've even had some crazy thoughts about fitting a sunroof above the cab seats so u can climb through!
Now rusting away even quicker by the seaside ;-)

busbuddy
80-90 Mem No: 3043

Post by busbuddy »

i know nothing about syncros or the best type of roof tent BUT i do deliver these roof tents to the local landy 4x4 group and i know they range from 68kg to 85kg

no idea what the roof capacity is on the T3 but worth thinking about the weight of the tent as well as its performance
'88 1.9tdi karmann cheetah

smokeyjon
80-90 Mem No: 2287

Post by smokeyjon »

Weight of the tent plus the people in it you mean! One that I looked at was 65kg so that's well over 200kg with two adults. I'd expect that to be fine on my multipoint rack but it does make you wonder about the normal cars on 2 roof bars in some of the promo pics! It's an expensive tent for the dog to sleep in!!
Now rusting away even quicker by the seaside ;-)