Sun canopy

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Sleedale
80-90 Mem No: 11478

Sun canopy

Post by Sleedale »

I know a few folks have been looking for and at sun canopies, so thought I'd share this for anyone interested.
Originally I made one from a thick canvas tarp I had, which worked fine but wasn't just what I wanted so decided to try again, this time with detachable midge screens for those bug ridden evenings. I also added an awning rail onto the high top to avoid using fig 8 which blow off, and three new adjustable poles for the front. It probably wasn't the cheapest option but nor was it as expensive as some bought ones, it's unique and has screens.
So hopefully here it is

If anyone wants any info, please just ask.

I'm proper chuffed with myself
Sue
1985 1.9 DG petrol, 4 speed, wasserboxer, Cavalier Coachman Classic

ColG
80-90 Mem No: 12090

Re: Sun canopy

Post by ColG »

Like it Sue, may have to commission you to make me one......can you get brown striped material?
1984 Westfalia Vanagon Camper Wolfsburg Special Edition

Sleedale
80-90 Mem No: 11478

Re: Sun canopy

Post by Sleedale »

ColG wrote:Like it Sue, may have to commission you to make me one......can you get brown striped material?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Don't think so from the place I got this stuff, it's here http://www.textileexpressfabrics.co.uk/ ... oof_Fabric

They do free samples and it's worth getting some as the thickness of each type varies quite a bit, oh and it's wider than they say, about 1.45

As for commission, mmmmm, might have to wait for me to recover from this one, and I'm no professional seamstress, for my own stuff I have a fairly cavalier approach, as in, oh, it'll do! But any local sewing person would be able to make one easily. The bug screens are just Velcro attached, even managed to get one of the seams on the wrong side.
Sue
1985 1.9 DG petrol, 4 speed, wasserboxer, Cavalier Coachman Classic