Holdsworth Hightop bed

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

daicox73
80-90 Mem No: 13288

Holdsworth Hightop bed

Post by daicox73 »

Hi all, I'm a newbie so please be gentle with me.

We purchased a 1986 Holdsworth Hightop a month or so ago and are about to embark on our first camping trip in her. We've got a four year old who will be sleeping on the pull out bed located in the high-top.

We're a little concerned our fidgety son will roll out of bed in the night, and I was just wondering if any of you guys have a neat (and quick to fix) solution to prevent this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Dai

sturtywurty
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Holdsworth Hightop bed

Post by sturtywurty »

What about an elasticated luggage net?

pionte
80-90 Mem No: 8209

Post by pionte »

Hi, welcome and congrats on buying a Holdsworth 8) These Richard Holdsworth conversions are a lovely conversion.

I was really worried about my 3 years old falling out, but he never did , because the space is so big up top I thought he would turn sideways then roll out, so what I did was to put another rolled up duvet up there next to him to stop him turning, another idea may be to put them in a sleeping bag and put pillows along side .
2.5 Quad Cam Scooby engine . Westfalia California 1989

daicox73
80-90 Mem No: 13288

Post by daicox73 »

Thanks for the responses guys. My other thought is that we've got a pull out extension for the top bed which I could chock up and this will make it difficult for the little-un to roll up hill. I'll probably use the rolled up duvet approach also.

Dad
80-90 Mem No: 11860

Post by Dad »

One of those bed sides that fit under the mattress? It's like an L shaped thing.
1990 autosleeper trident 1.9 lpg