Recommend me a drive away awning please...

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kennyjackett
80-90 Mem No: 0

Recommend me a drive away awning please...

Post by kennyjackett »

Hi guys

I have a Autosleeper high-top and looking for a drive away awning to store stuff in and whatnot. Not sure if we need it big enough to sleep anyone in but looking into all options. Any recommendations??

Many thanks!

Louey
80-90 Mem No: 1108

Re: Recommend me a drive away awning please...

Post by Louey »

Louey

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ 'The only Tranny in the village' ▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Sleedale
80-90 Mem No: 11478

Post by Sleedale »

Vango Sapera air away. Inflatable awning, comes in two sizes, has inner sleeping bit. Easy to put up and take down. Love ours, bought it last year.

E D I T
Just looked in for sale general section, someone is selling the smaller size one of these.
Sue
1985 1.9 DG petrol, 4 speed, wasserboxer, Cavalier Coachman Classic

baj25
80-90 Mem No: 12953

Post by baj25 »

A +1 for the vango inflatable. Sewn in groundsheet as well. Not the cheapest, but I have spent too many hours of my life putting up and taking down awnings- not any more though!

vandad
80-90 Mem No: 8081

Post by vandad »

Khyam pop-ups are quick to put up. Ours is big and heavy when packed up though.
1989 Magnum(?) Multivan LHD German Import was JX, now AAZ

KINGPRAWN
80-90 Mem No: 9516

Post by KINGPRAWN »

vandad wrote:Khyam pop-ups are quick to put up. Ours is big and heavy when packed up though.
We have a kyham.... So easy to put up/take down... Yeh it's quite heavy in its bag.. But I can easily manage taking it from the back of the van to the side, all on my own by myself :ok
in too deep to quit now....

pocolow
80-90 Mem No: 6300

Post by pocolow »

We bought a Khyam Driveaway sleeper awning a few weeks ago for Just over £200 and used it for the first time this weekend in Anglesey...Its not a quick pop up one but frankly for the 20 mins it took me to put it up was no real hassle... :ok
thecampervanman.blogspot.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/#!/Pocolow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BOXY
80-90 Mem No: 8826

Post by BOXY »

We've got a Royal Traveller tunnel awning. We only use it if we're stopping on the same site for a few days or if we've got friends dropping by. It's easy enough for two people to put up if the weather is good, but taking it down on a windy, wet morning is another story. It's probably nearly big enough to park a tin-top in :!:
2ltr Aircooled CU with twin Solex's & originally a 009 dizzie, but now back to standard.

poshbuggers

Post by poshbuggers »

We have one of the E-Z up versions of the Khyam Motordome Sleeper Plus. It's one of their larger models but it's so easy to put up and take down.

We have owned a Raleigh Motent, JK Spacemaker, Outwell something or other and now this and am finally happy and confident it won't leak or blow away.

The Khyam is a little bit heavy but that helps hold it down and that weight is mainly the frame which puts itself up. No silly threading of fibreglass poles - it's like a heavy duty Gazebo. Without the wobbles and flying off into the next plot :rofl

'90 Syncro Hightop. Ex-BUPA/Rowan ambulance with 2.0L GTI power and some curious windows.
)

cleagarr
80-90 Mem No: 11523

Post by cleagarr »

As posted several times before I have one of these: http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/tents/p/que ... econds/520.

They also do an XL version: http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/tents/p/Que ... ds-XL/1339

We chose this because it does not fit directly to the van (found this a faff on our old Royal Traveller) and it is up and down in two minutes. It also stores flat (as a disc) so is easily stored under the rear mattress in the boot. Couldn't find any very good pictures on mine in situ but here is one... Image
All I ask is for the chance to prove that money won't make me happy.

1989 Transporter 1.6TD original engine.

B.A Eauty
80-90 Mem No: 9628

Post by B.A Eauty »

We have an Outwell country road, never let us down… Image

ChrisTriple
80-90 Mem No: 12111

Post by ChrisTriple »

pocolow wrote:We bought a Khyam Driveaway sleeper awning a few weeks ago for Just over £200 and used it for the first time this weekend in Anglesey...Its not a quick pop up one but frankly for the 20 mins it took me to put it up was no real hassle... :ok

I'm looking at getting one of these, does it have a fitted ground sheet or is it separate?
84 Devon Sunrise PopTop, DF. Campershack LPG.
Full Body resto completed 04-17

http://www.T25Camper.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kennyjackett

Post by kennyjackett »

Thanks kindly folks! I will endeavour to check all of these suggestions out :D

LeeME3
80-90 Mem No: 11225

Post by LeeME3 »

Another vote for Airbeam by Vango. I've had / slept in many tents and awnings in my life and this is very much at the top of the pile quality wise (admittedly reflected in the price). I have the smaller one (called the Kela) and with the fitted bedroom installed there is still room to cook etc in there but take the bedroom out and it becomes a good sized weather proof area. Used it for half-term recently and it survived 6 days of continuous rain without getting damp inside - sewn in groundsheet really helps. They come in 2 heights - 'standard' fits our vans. 4 different ways of attaching to the van so even works with a tintop like mine.
1986 1.9DG WBX LPG, 4 spd manual. Westy poptop. Renogy lithium leisure. 175W solar. CR50 fridge. Propex. RX8 seats.