Zig panel

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Kaysmile
80-90 Mem No: 0

Zig panel

Post by Kaysmile »

Hi everyone I am new to Club 80-90 as I have only recently bought our 1988 T25 hightop. I am confused with the Zig electrical panel. There seems to be so many buttons. I want to be able to get the most out of my leisure battery so I dont drain my Van battery.
How do I charge my leisure battery? Should I turn on the Zig unit when we start our trip? Will that charge the leisure battery or does it have to be charged by an external charger or camp site hook up???
Any advice would be great as we are planning our 1st sleep over trip this school holiday. :D

Aberdeenbus
80-90 Mem No: 6846

Re: Zig panel

Post by Aberdeenbus »

Hi

If you look in the download section of the club stuff, you will prob find a scan of the original
instructions.

Cheers

Si

nevill3
80-90 Mem No: 8062
Location: UK Lake District, Early 1.6D CS now 4 speed gearbox

Post by nevill3 »

Welcome to the madhouse!!

There are many many types of Zig units so a little more information would be required to help you. Most regular members put the details of their vehicle in their signature so that everyone knows which vehicle and what type of camper conversion they are trying to help with.

Some Zig units merely act as a distribution board for the 12v leisure battery electrics, others include a mains charger that automatically charges the leisure battery when the camper is connected to the 240V mains hook up available at campsites. My Zig allows me to switch between using the leisure battery or starter battery as the power source for my 12v electrics.

Pictures paint a thousand words so photos are always a good idea too to help solve questions.

Good luck

Nev :ok
1983 1.6D cs PopTop Camper

Baysbrown Farm Campsite, Lake District

Kaysmile
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Kaysmile »

Thanks for the reply's. Sounds like I need to update my profile and learn more about my T25! :?