Holdsworth cupboard removal for seam access

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

phil_b
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Holdsworth cupboard removal for seam access

Post by phil_b »

We have made a few mods to cupboards, the difficult access space under the larder has an upright 25l tank this still leaves plenty of larder space and the remaining space we use for emergency items not needed regularly accessed by lifting the water tank and a sliding drawer arrangement.
We only use the cupboard blocked when the bed is out for cooking equipment so not an issue. We have an underslung gas tank so the normal gas cupboard is available for storage.
1988 T25 Holdsworth Villa Hightop - AAZ conversion

max and caddy

Post by max and caddy »

I have plans to fit a westy water tank into the "wasted" cupboard space...I'm a syncro so underneath tanks are a bad thing..spent today chopping the bottom of the main unit as I have an inch of cellotex under my floor...and I'm impressed with how much space is available for the fridge...530mm means a flush fitted CR50 is possible.

One thing that has upset me is the fact the units size means the drivers seat doesn't go back as far as I would like. I'm loving the gas cupboard...can't stop fiddling with it!

I'm fitting a hi top syncro with a interior from a holdsworth converted hi top but I'm losing the roof windows and the cooking window as well ( don't like windows) so I have to make up some side rails with out the cut outs and also find someway to make the window surround trim look like it isn't missing a window...fish tank maybe? Telly with a live picture of outside?

zak
80-90 Mem No: 11553

Post by zak »

max and caddy wrote:..with regards to the cupboard blocked by the deployed bed I was wondering if I could put the gas into there instead of the other end as it wouldn't need attention really when the beds in use
Yes I'd thought about moving my gas bottles in there. Only worry is my eberspacher (awaiting a diesel engine and tank to match) is now right in the back there, heat and gas seems like a wrong combination, don't understand it enough yet to be happy with that. I'm guessing it would be Ok.

In the floor of the larder I've cutout a rounded rectangle panel with a lifting finger hole to allow access through to the bottom of the cupboard that way as well.

max and caddy wrote:...I'm a syncro so underneath tanks are a bad thing...
Underslunk gas tank would be great, but I'm also syncro and all the tanks I've seen seem low, shame they dont make flatter lpg tanks.

max and caddy wrote: I'm impressed with how much space is available for the fridge...530mm means a flush fitted CR50 is possible.
I'd love a waeco too, its a big space I thought you could even get the cr65 in there, but as Bolt says "more power". I picked up a sterling B2B super cheap so thinking about it, not sure where it would go though. Behind the passenger seat maybe.

max and caddy wrote:One thing that has upset me is the fact the units size means the drivers seat doesn't go back as far as I would like.
From memory the fridge space is quite a lot wider than the waeco? Woud be major surgery but could you cut and shut the galley unit there to gain a bit more space behind the driver seat, would need a smaller sink or cooker unit.

max and caddy wrote: I'm losing the roof windows and the cooking window as well ( don't like windows) so I have to make up some side rails with out the cut outs and also find someway to make the window surround trim look like it isn't missing a window...fish tank maybe? Telly with a live picture of outside?
Stealth campers eh, I'd like to blank off the window behind the wardrobe, I like the storage racks next to the wardrobe in the pics. I know someone who did that Telly with a live pic of the outside but not in a T25 you could be the first. Maybe a video of a Caribbean beach would be nice in winter!!
RHD Holdsworth Syncro

max and caddy

Post by max and caddy »

Waeco 65....! I measured up for the 80 and it is to tall by a mere 40mm, I didn't realise there was a 65..I don't have any windows on the drivers side now and the van it came from only had a center window...my plan is to have caravelle window and door on the passenger side and panel van on the other..and a big LED strip where the curtain track was on the kitchen wall.