Water thingy

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jason k
80-90 Mem No: 1959

Re: Water thingy

Post by jason k »

90 litre fresh tanks on mine!!

Surprising how quickly you go thru it!!
98 Westfalia James Cook

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

We have always used the large built in tank on the Hi-Top :ok

But that is being sold on Ebay right now and our Tin-Top is now back and "re-commissioned", so we will miss that big tank. The Tin-Top only has a 2 gallon simple plastic container (with submerged pump) in a cupboard, so very interested in =

kevtherev wrote:CAK tanks have them [underslung tanks] in stock with a fitting kit

Good heads up Kev :) (http://www.caktanks.co.uk/)
Messy website though, select "VW T25" and it mentions Merc items and 1 T25, but no pics or other info.
Might call in on them in person next time I am down that way.
They do seat swivels as well :)
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

Sleedale
80-90 Mem No: 11478

Post by Sleedale »

Couple of quick questions.........

Before I discovered this thread I've used Milton, a couple of years ago, and just thoroughly rinsed the tank with water tablets this time........filled tank, popped in tabs, emptied tank, filled etc. can't use the tablet things in the water, it tastes vile. But today I bought some puriclean :ok so if I do the water tank tomorrow, if there's any film stuff left over from Milton etc will puriclean get rid of it?

Now, please don't shout at me.......I do use the under slung tank......at least I assume it's underslung :oops: I've never seen it :oops: we don't have a garage/workshop or even Tarmac drive, just gravel and weeds and our van has those side plank things and big front and back bumpers which makes it very, very difficult to slide underneath it. I can get as far as the wheel arches, so I don't for sure know where the water tank is......therefore I have no idea how much water it holds. Now, I could fill it up with the pint jug and measure it, but it'd take rather a long time :shock: so........assuming they are standard, it has always been a factory conversion which at one time even had a water heater 8) has anyone any idea what capacity it might be.......simply so I use the right amount of puriclean

Thanks peeps :ok
Sue
1985 1.9 DG petrol, 4 speed, wasserboxer, Cavalier Coachman Classic

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

do you not possess a bucket?
A standard bucket holds ten litres.
Or buy one for £1 at the pound shop

AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE TAKE IT TO A CAR PARK AND LOOK UNDER THE DANG THING!
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

Sleedale
80-90 Mem No: 11478

Post by Sleedale »

36 litres 8)

Clean tank although it was clean before
Sue
1985 1.9 DG petrol, 4 speed, wasserboxer, Cavalier Coachman Classic

Louey
80-90 Mem No: 1108

Post by Louey »

Just digging this old thread out to ask a question.

What is the maximum width between the chassis rails for a water tank? I'm having a look about for a friend at work who has bought a T25. I know the CAK tanks are 305mm width. Is there room for possibly 370mm?

:D
Louey

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ 'The only Tranny in the village' ▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

I cant remember exact measurements , and mine isnt a CAK tank , it’s bigger , completely fills the void between the rails from front to back and holds 90litres i think .
However im happy to drop down on one knee tomorrow morning when i get to the workshop and have a measure for you……
I will report back whence i have some details
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

No having looked this morning you won’t get a 370mm tank in , 305mm will be as big as you can go
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

cobblers
80-90 Mem No: 17450

Post by cobblers »

Be very wary ordering from CAK tanks, their attitude to customer service is by far the worst I have ever encountered by any company.

I ordered £500 worth of tanks and parts for my Boxer camper. A month later, nothing had arrived. I called and got told to email. Emailed them about a dozen times and was ignored. Eventually the tanks arrived, fitting kit missing parts and one of the tanks was manufactured incorrectly with the outlets welded on the wrong end making it impossible to attach any pipes to it.

Called, emailed them photos showing the tank being different to what I ordered.
Eventually someone got back to me saying I was fitting it the wrong way round (I wasn't, believe me I'd tried every permutation!). I asked if I could return it. "No, you've have it more than two weeks". It took nearly a month after delivery to get them to respond to any of my emails!

In the end I had to find a local plastic welding company to sort out the mess and modify the tank so it would fit as it should. When I called them and mentioned CAK tanks they replied "Let me guess - Peugeot boxer water tank with the outlets welded on the wrong end? we've had half a dozen people in the last month!"

tobydog
80-90 Mem No: 6484

Post by tobydog »

CAK, says it all. :wink:
Knowledge is power
1970 CU