Ex German Army T3 Conversion To Camper.

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

eiret25
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Ex German Army T3 Conversion To Camper.

Post by eiret25 »

aisha wrote:Sorry, I assumed you were on eircooled... Jumpstart details here:
http://www.eircooled.com/deforum/showth ... h-8th-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I pm'd you. re:eircooled
1986 1.6 D Bundeswehr T3 Kombi

peasant

Post by peasant »

Class job there, looks fantastic !

I don't know if you're planning on fitting a pop-top or high roof at some stage ...if not, you might want to consider fitting at least a skylight/roof-hatch kind of thing.

With no tinted glass and a large, dark roof area these ex-army yokes heat up like a glasshouse with the tiniest bit of sunshine (rare enough in Ireland, but still) ...a hatch in the roof is the easiest way to keep things bearable (and let the Guinness farts out in the morning :mrgreen: )
Ex German army Syncro for sale

eiret25

Post by eiret25 »

peasant wrote:Class job there, looks fantastic !

I don't know if you're planning on fitting a pop-top or high roof at some stage ...if not, you might want to consider fitting at least a skylight/roof-hatch kind of thing.

With no tinted glass and a large, dark roof area these ex-army yokes heat up like a glasshouse with the tiniest bit of sunshine (rare enough in Ireland, but still) ...a hatch in the roof is the easiest way to keep things bearable (and let the Guinness farts out in the morning :mrgreen: )

Thanks peasant! I considered fitting something alright but after some thinking I couldn't bring myself to take a grinder to the roof. Looks like we will just have to put up with the byproduct of Guinness consumption :lol: I see you are the east side of the county and Im the west. Did you import from Germany yourself? Syncros are probably like hens teeth in the country

peasant

Post by peasant »

Yepp, I imported from Germany myself (I'm originally from there myself, so that wasn't a very big hurdle).
There are a good few Irish Syncros about (also on here) but to my shame I have to confess I never met them

eiret25

Post by eiret25 »

peasant wrote:Yepp, I imported from Germany myself (I'm originally from there myself, so that wasn't a very big hurdle).
There are a good few Irish Syncros about (also on here) but to my shame I have to confess I never met them

A friend of mine said recently that he seen a T3 in around Ballsadare, it just may have been you. I will keep an eye out for you!

peasant

Post by peasant »

You'd have to keep your eyes very peeled, I stopped driving the yoke last week ...it's up for sale :mrgreen:

eiret25

Post by eiret25 »

Went to my local revenue office today and paid the VRT that was due. Informed by the revenue official that she will inform the CVO in Rosslare that payment has been made. CVO will then in turn reclassify the van as a campervan and send me a letter confirming same. On receipt of this letter, I will take it to the motor tax office, hand it over with €102 and then I will have my years tax! Hopefully...

gary1998
80-90 Mem No: 7974

Post by gary1998 »

how much was vrt in fact what would total cost be for sqi and other revenue "pooh"
1989 1y powered panel van camper
1980 1y powerd project
http://www.eireball.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eiret25

Post by eiret25 »

Total VRT came just under 500. However to note. If your vehicle was registered as a commercial in Ireland prior to the conversion, the original amount of VRT is deducted from the revenues valuation after conversion. SQI examination was completed in a local test centre ie. DOE centre. Don't know cost exactly as I got it serviced and timing belt done as well.

eiret25

Post by eiret25 »

Tax finally got. Went down to the Tax Office, paid €102 and got it. After you tax it, you will be issued with a new CVO (Certificate of Vehicle Ownership) which has the updated vehicle and taxation class. Now just to wait on my insurance cert and disc.......its been a week already :roll:

eiret25

Post by eiret25 »

Got the ins all sorted. Drove from the north west of Ireland to Rosslare and boarded this lady

Have to say the van was flawless, the wee 1.6d was spot on and was happy at 90-95kph according to sat nav. Landed in Rosscoff and now to decide where to from here.