Vacuum component

For 4x4 owners, you must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.
Bobreoc
80-90 Mem No: 0

Vacuum component

Post by Bobreoc »

Morning all.

Can some one help me identify this, it’s off a T piece on my rear diff lock, I’ve checked the vacuum diagrams and it Dosent seem to correspond to anything on the diagram?

Any help appreciated.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Vacuum component

Post by Aidan »

should be connected to the front difflock, it's a vacuum electrical switch that works when you select front difflock to signal the small foam covered circuit board that is wired into the loom so the front difflock light flashes to say 'did you mean to engage front difflock ?' before the difflock enagages and light goes solid and you loose steering sensitivity - it's a safety device in case you pull the wrong switch or child messes with it

Bobreoc

Post by Bobreoc »

Aidan wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 07:49
should be connected to the front difflock, it's a vacuum electrical switch that works when you select front difflock to signal the small foam covered circuit board that is wired into the loom so the front difflock light flashes to say 'did you mean to engage front difflock ?' before the difflock enagages and light goes solid and you loose steering sensitivity - it's a safety device in case you pull the wrong switch or child messes with it

Cheers aidan .

Very informative, odd that I can’t find it from any of the drawings very good to know though.

Aidan
Trader

Post by Aidan »

didn't know that it could be used for rear difflock only vehicle, does you lamp flash before engagement ?

Bobreoc

Post by Bobreoc »

Aidan wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 11:32
didn't know that it could be used for rear difflock only vehicle, does you lamp flash before engagement ?

The vehicle came from factory with a front And rear diff lock so it’s more then likely for that.
But on the face of it I thought it was single looking at it, but the m codes and the parts behind the dash say otherwise.

Aidan
Trader

Post by Aidan »

aha, still looks a tdi truck