danish syncro

For 4x4 owners, you must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.
axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

danish syncro

Post by axeman »

so may be 7 or 8 years ago a welsh man arrived at my then house in south london in his car with a large trailer, 24hours later or so we arrived at jason edwards house and were loading a late 14inch window van on to the trailer filled to the brim with various syncro gear boxes diffs etc, the next morning fueled by some of the best danish pastries i have ever eaten we were back on the road heading back to calis and then to south london and then wales.

fast forward 7 or 8 years and the same welsh man and his car his trailer and the same syncro arrive in the middle of the night and in the morning we unload the van and push it in to my garage.

its was a jx that is to good to break and is savable, its definitely had a working life and is a little odd as its a full window van but has a bulkhead but no rear seating. 

Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

axeman

Re: danish syncro

Post by axeman »

Peninsulakid
80-90 Mem No: 8867

Post by Peninsulakid »

And this be the van and I be the mad Welshman who is now very happy that the van is on the mend. For those of you that know my blue Doka its up for grabs to fund this project if you know anyone interested. Probably one of the highest spec Dokas on the road.

Cheers and sorry for the long absence

Rich

ImageImageImage
PeninsulaKid

New vans are great but they just ain't got no soul!

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

253 095 = basic spec/standard type 2 Syncro combi with JX

irishkeet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2322

Post by irishkeet »

looking forward to watching the transformation :mrgreen:

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

Is that a Finnish spec van ? Half bulkhead, basic windows and no seats for cheaper taxes.
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

axeman

Post by axeman »

The van had obviously been sitting for some time once it had been retired as the chassis rails cills all had alot of surface rust. It was just scabs and there was no rhyme or reason for it. So transport was arraigned to an outside ramp where all the affected areas could be sand blasted. This was a real revelation as to how bad something can look and how much better it can look in a reality short time later. There were no surprises with the blasting well I say surprises it was a huge transformation that instantly look like something that can be worked on.
The running gear and tank were removed years ago and sent to Aidan for a rebuild I think they are 5.43 with a 0.78 4th gear basically a standard diesle set up which in turn will be mated to an agg which Andy mccenence has made the engine harness.
Now a work of warning be careful when removing the fuel tank. I have always removed the sender so not to damage the electrical connection on the chassis rail. This tank was removed by cutting the straps (brutal) and the sender connections were damaged upon removal. Fortunately 2 oem vdo senders have been sourced and delivered to my step son in San Francisco and should be working there way to east kent .and a huge thanks to patrick for the very hard to find wbx injection tank pre filter.

ImageImage
Last edited by axeman on 28 Jun 2020, 05:29, edited 2 times in total.

axeman

Post by axeman »

So the strip down clean repaire or replace.Most of which is to be replaced including all bushes ball joints etc. When the van arived it was a rolling shell and multiple boxes of oily and greasy parts. All the cv joints are genuine and have been striped inspected and reassembled and all have very little wear.
The alloy engine bars were as you can image were an oily greasy black horibleness so decreased and left in a bucket of diluted brick acid to clean the realy stubborn stains
All now boxed stored for later