I finally got around to starting the work on the trailing arms yesterday. They are the original arms and the bushes look knackered so I figured its time for some new bushes.
A couple of years ago I bought a job lot of bits from a guy who had sold his van and this included a new pair of trailing arms, the kit from Bricky with bushes fitted so I figured I may as well fit these. Nothing wrong with mine, they are nice and solid, so once finished Ill pop them up for sale
The inner TA bolt was not too difficult and amazingly I was able to undo the outer nut too, the bolt is a bit seized so I soaked it in Plus-gas and hopefully it will pop out. I left it overnight, the inner bolt came out fine but the outer needed cutting as the bolt had rusted to the metal tube inside the rubber bush, first arm off
You can see where the arms have been rubbing to the right for a while, thankfully nothing too bad, ready for a quick clean up before refitting
Today the second came off easier than the first as I just cut the outer bolt
All mounts treated, cleaned and painted ready to re-fit the arms. I think I'll tackle the drive shafts while they are out, looking at my CV boots the outer are original VW with some cracking but not much. bricky are currently out of stock of the thermoplastic boots but I have a couple so I can at least get one shaft done.