reversing camera

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Mocki wrote:
CovKid wrote:I'll be honest, I have all the gear (minicam and monitor) to be able to fit one but I haven't in case some passing opportunist thinks theres anything relating to a sat nav. Window would be smashed in double quick time and that whats put me off. Reversing sensors are more useful I think.

just occured to me, CovKid, that unless your monitor is from, or for a reversing camera it will be very very diffecult to reverse with, as the images will be incorrect, left to right will be oposite, as the camera will not be seeing mirror image.

Mines switchable to show a reverse image but as I say, after some thought, I decided against fittng it. I do actually use the camera in the van at night (has infra red lights fitted to it) just to monitor interior as a backup to alarm. I can see whats going on via the monitor sitting indoors if I needed to - save getting up and craning my head round the curtains when I hear odd noises.

Must say though, I've never truly mastered distances behind. When I think I'm inches away, its often three foot or more. Maybe a fresnel lens is the best bet.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

Flibbertigibbet
80-90 Mem No: 1080

Post by Flibbertigibbet »

CovKid wrote: Must say though, I've never truly mastered distances behind. When I think I'm inches away, its often three foot or more. Maybe a fresnel lens is the best bet.

I would try specsavers first :P
member 1080

keyboard-wielding harridan

trollop@club80-90.co.uk

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Please note, its Dartmoor fitting a camera, not me.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.