Dashboard Switch Illumination.

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

keynsham1
80-90 Mem No: 0

Dashboard Switch Illumination.

Post by keynsham1 »

I am currently refitting my dash and the instrument console and have noticed that there are some switches that light up with the lights and some don't. I have had the van for five years but rarely drive in the dark and have previously assumed bulbs were blown so never looked into it. I only have a Haynes manual and the wiring diagram is challenging at best but from what I can see I shoud have the following:

Headlamp switch is backlit and lights up when the side or headlights are on.

Hazard switch is not backlit (Doesn't light up when the side or headlights are on) and only flashes when the hazards are on.

Rear foglight switch has a warning light that comes on when the rear foglight is switched on but has no backlight.

Heated Rear Window is backlit and also has a warning light to show when the HRW is switched on.

Can anyone confirm if this sounds about right?

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Dashboard Switch Illumination.

Post by Mocki »

This all depends on age and spec of the van ( the van the parts came from ) 
Which side lights on , my headlight switch doesn’t illuminate , my heater rear window does , my hazard doesn’t , my heater control panel does.  

mine is a 88 Caravelle .
my OHs 83 camper only the heater control panel illuminates other than the dash clocks . 
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

keynsham1
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Dashboard Switch Illumination.

Post by keynsham1 »

Perfect! That is exactly what I think mine should do. My light switch has a bulb holder hole in the back but there has never been a bulb in it as far as I can see and there is certainly no wiring or bulb in the loom. The wiring diagram shows it with a light but it covers all vans. Mine is 1987 so I suspect same as yours Mocki!