Zig CF8 Split Charge Wiring

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ledixon
80-90 Mem No: 0

Zig CF8 Split Charge Wiring

Post by ledixon »

Hi All, I have a Zig CF8 unit in my van and an ignition-triggered relay split charger. I'm trying to clean up the wiring and checking everything over to make sure it's safe. In doing so I've noticed that the split charger relay is wired back to the Zig unit into points 10 & 11 instead of going directly to the leisure battery as I expected. 

Is this normal? I've looked inside the Zig unit and it would appear as though point 10 is wired up to the touring/on-site switch so I'm assuming that when in touring mode this wire is then connected back to point 4 internally and then to the leisure battery for charging?

Also, does the Zig unit both charge and draw power from the leisure battery through the same wires (points 3 & 4)?

Thanks in advance!

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: Zig CF8 Split Charge Wiring

Post by AngeloEvs »

If you scroll down the Club WIKI you will find a section for the ZIG CF8  in section 16 - 2 which cover Campers and Electrical Wiring.    The problem is that the ZIG CF8 has a number of options for wiring due the ease in which the 12 Way Terminal block can be adapted for different options. 

1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

ledixon
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Zig CF8 Split Charge Wiring

Post by ledixon »

Great, thanks. I think it need to double check which wires go where. I think I may have mistaken the ones in 10 & 11 for something else.