rev counter well maybe

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Brismike
80-90 Mem No: 0

rev counter well maybe

Post by Brismike »

hi just a quick question if okay, i have a 1.9 petrol its a 1986 it has push on speedo and horizontal connector, my temp gauge dosnt work so was going to get a set of clocks with a rev counter which i would like to have its also a push on speedo and horizontal connection. so question is will it just plug in and the rev counter will work or do i need to change anything wiring wise. thanks.

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: rev counter well maybe

Post by AngeloEvs »

If you have the horizontal connector then you just need a complete Rev Counter dash (Minus Speedo), they ain't cheap at around £200 average.  Make sure you get the correct one for your engine (Diesel or Petrol) as the Tacho is different.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

Brismike
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Brismike »

well thats in and kinda working, however now no dash lights illuminating speedo/rev counter cant see any damage to pcb. the old dash had dash lights that worked so has to be something to do with the new ones so anything else i can look at, its not dimmed i checked. if this is knackered is there a way around this was thinking could i put new wired leds and wire up to near the switch? might be silly idea but trying to think around the problem

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

There are three dash lights - speedo, tacho and warning led housing, are all three not working? If none are working then, using a multimeter, you need to check the continuity from the edge connector blue/grey wire track to each of the bulbs.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior