Chinese heater in place of eberspacher

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

markyt
80-90 Mem No: 0

Chinese heater in place of eberspacher

Post by markyt »

Good day guys and gals,has anyone got any experience in fitting a Chinese heater into the Westfalia fitted eberspacher D2L underslung housing? Having already thrown more than the cost of a Chinese heater at my eber to no avail ,I have a decision to make do I throw more money at it or cut my losses and go the Chinese route? What do you think?
I have seen a picture of a Chinese heater fitted to the eber housing but can’t find it again

johnxl
80-90 Mem No: 16948

Re: Chinese heater in place of eberspacher

Post by johnxl »

Yes it's doable, I'm half way through fitting one in mine. A 2kw heater just fits in the housing (FlowerW 2kw from Amazon).

Will connect the original Ebersbacher hot and cold ducting but run the 60mm hot air duct up through the original 100mm duct.
Cold air will come down the original 100mm duct and circulate through the housing to the heater inlet. This should also help cool the body of the heater. Electrics will go up the cold air duct. And the exhaust and air intake will connect up to the original Westy.
The mounting plate I made out of 3mm aluminium.

It's worth remembering when mounting the heater that the glow plug must be in the up position (more like 45 degrees to the side) ie with the exhaust pointing down or on the side I have it, if you flip it over 180 degrees so the glow plug points downish fuel will pee out of a small air bleed into the case, this is despite what the manual says. I found this out the hard way.

John