Wiring for ignition switch on fridge. Pictures please

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Madcatfergus
80-90 Mem No: 0

Wiring for ignition switch on fridge. Pictures please

Post by Madcatfergus »

Hello,
I have stupidly replaced the ignition switch on our Rm 212 without taking a picture of the wiring first. Can anyone take a picture of the wiring behind their switch for me?
I can't find anything specific to wiring the switch in the manuals and online.
Thanks in advance

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Re: Wiring for ignition switch on fridge. Pictures please

Post by 1664 »

Is it the sort that flashes until the gas is lit with three spade terminals on the back? I have a picture where you can just about see it but its not very clear, it looks like a brown(ish) wire on a bare terminal at the top, an insulatated terminal with two blue wires on it in the centre and perhaps another insulated terminal with one blue(ish) wire on the bottom. That make sense with your arrangement? You will have to save the image and zoom in to even barely see it!

Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

kimmypw

Post by kimmypw »

Hi , can i ask where you got your new igniter from? I have an issue with the same model but nothing has come up on google. Also was it quite easy to pull out to take a look at what was going on. 

Madcatfergus
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Madcatfergus »

1664 wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 17:56 Is it the sort that flashes until the gas is lit with three spade terminals on the back? I have a picture where you can just about see it but its not very clear, it looks like a brown(ish) wire on a bare terminal at the top, an insulatated terminal with two blue wires on it in the centre and perhaps another insulated terminal with one blue(ish) wire on the bottom. That make sense with your arrangement? You will have to save the image and zoom in to even barely see it!

Thanks, I have now wired it up but still nothing. I think the box may be gone. She works on 240v but that's no good for wild camping. Any idea what I should try before spending 60quid on the box?

MidLifeCrisis
80-90 Mem No: 10519

Post by MidLifeCrisis »

Not sure if the pic below helps at all with what is going on between the switch and the ignitor;

Do you definitely have 12V going into the ignitor and definitely have a good ground connection going out (through the choc block connection);

If the actual spark generator down at the back of the fridge is out of position then it will not spark (has/could that have moved)?Image

Or this pic helps any (again - not very clear);

1987 Westfalia Van, Petrol 2.0 AGG