Fan and Wiper Power Supply Question

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Woostyd
80-90 Mem No: 0

Fan and Wiper Power Supply Question

Post by Woostyd »

Hello everyone, hope you are all well and safe.

I’ve just recommissioned Bertie Bus and had the common heater blower/wipers not working problem.

I’ve separated the wipers and blower into different fuses using the wiki guide so thanks for anyone who contributed to that.

I’ve eventually traced the problem to the power supply and wailing backwards it is a grey/white wire that runs from the fuse board to the back of the fog light switch on the dash (van only has rear fog light).

If I connect a 12v power supply to that end of the cable then everything works (apart from very noisy heater fan which I will look into oiling or replacing if I can be bothered!)

I cannot find anywhere to buy a new switch as it seems no-one has them in stock even in Europe.

My question after all that is: can I just connect the wire to another 12V supply or does the switch act as some sort or resistor for the current?

My fuse board has a grey ? Block fuse/reducer ? Number 24 from memory on the back that seems to go to the wiper/blower area and the only other thing on the back of the board is a rectangular black ?fuse/reducer.

If anyone has a spare fog light switch they would be willing to sell then that’s the problem solved and please PM me as I would like to buy one and can then take Bertie for his MOT with everything working.

Thanks for your help in advance, I have relied on this site for looking after my bus for 11years now and have learnt so much from everyone’s helpful posts which have saved me a lot of head scratching over that time

Stay safe!

Chris

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Fan and Wiper Power Supply Question

Post by Mocki »

It’s no the fog light switch that is stopping your blower working

That switch doesn’t power the fuse box .

All you are doing is reverse powering on to the out put of the pause not the input

Do your fog light(s) work normally , only when the headlights are on and the engine running
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Woostyd
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Woostyd »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the delay - I couldn’t get to Bertie until the weekend.

Yep the rear fog light works normally with the switch in place.

Have you got any ideas on where I go next?

Thanks for your help, it’s most appreciated

Chris

Dobble
80-90 Mem No: 15944

Post by Dobble »

Not sure which van you have but the wiring diagrams can be found here http://syncrosport.com/info/wiring/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1989 T25 MTDI RHD Syncro