Heater Fascia Removal..

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dontpanic
80-90 Mem No: 0

Heater Fascia Removal..

Post by dontpanic »

I've read and followed the forum threads but can't seem to budge the heater fascia. It says to gently pull it so I can examine the heater blower switch but I'm wary that it's going to break if I exert any further force.

Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

Incidentally there's no engagement of the heater blower on 1 2 or 3 and I suspect it's electrical rather than the blower unit ( I'm saying that in self denial at the thought of taking the dash out) hence if anyone can suggest what to look for in terms of fuses etc I'd be mighty grateful...

mariner
80-90 Mem No: 9916

Re: Heater Fascia Removal..

Post by mariner »

You just need to be mega careful. I took mine off a while back to finally replace the bulb and in the end some of the lugs broke - it's an almost impossible task! Picked one up from ebay for next to nothing as a replacement.
1985 Super Viking with Subaru EJ22 (formerly 1.9 petrol DG)
1981 air-cooled 2.0 high top

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

Yeah, old brittle plastic :-\

Pulling the lever knobs off too is roulette. There's only two pegs that hold the panel to th dash, plus the lever knobs need to be pulled straight out and off.
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

Gently slide a wide blade into the edge and apply gentle but constant pressure to pry away from the metal dash
After you have removed the knobs from the sliders , by moving one at a time to the middle of the slot both from side to side and up and down .
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Stesaw
80-90 Mem No: 17004

Post by Stesaw »

slowcoach wrote:Yeah, old brittle plastic :-\

Pulling the lever knobs off too is roulette. There's only two pegs that hold the panel to th dash, plus the lever knobs need to be pulled straight out and off.

Yeah tell me about it both the pegs on mine are gone. One was already gone when I got the van and I broke the other being way too heavy handed. Blue tac holds it on currently :roll:
1985 LeisureDrive 2.1DJ 5 Speed syncro conversion project.
1979 LT 2.0CH Westy project